GliderCENTRAL

Nail clipping instructions

Posted By: Anonymous

Nail clipping instructions - 07/19/07 12:48 PM

Can someone please give me the link to the nail clipping instructions? I know there is a really good one with pics.

Thanks!

Re: Nail clipping instructions - 07/19/07 01:29 PM

http://www.suzsugargliders.com/nailtrimming.htm

Re: Nail clipping instructions - 07/19/07 03:08 PM

Thanks macwood6!

I do think there are some other instructions that show the nail really up close where you can see the vein. That is what I'm looking for.
Posted By: Xfilefan

Re: Nail clipping instructions - 07/19/07 03:51 PM

You mean the quick? That's like the nailbed on your own finger-where it bleeds if you cut into it. It's actually different from nail to nail, and glider to glider. The quick tends to be pink-darker than the nail itself, but on some gliders the difference can be hard to see...with my eyesight I need to do them in daytime and bright light or I can't see well enough to keep from hurting them. I have some pics that may help, and let's see if I can focus in on what you want.

Why do you want a close up of the quick?

-I'd have to take a new pic to get that, but the question remains. The other pics it wasn't high enough resolution to be able to focus in that close. I'll take one if I need to-just curious why you want it.
Posted By: LSardou

Re: Nail clipping instructions - 07/19/07 04:01 PM

wave JazzyJ, here is a link that has a great up close pic of where you need to trim.
Nail Trimming

Originally Posted By: Xfilefan
That's probably what she was looking for-but that is not a glider nail in the pic.

wink Thanks Jen for correcting me on that.
Posted By: Xfilefan

Re: Nail clipping instructions - 07/19/07 04:03 PM

That's probably what she was looking for-but that is not a glider nail in the pic.
Posted By: Shuttershade

Re: Nail clipping instructions - 07/19/07 04:24 PM

It'd be nearly the same either way..

Re: Nail clipping instructions - 07/19/07 04:26 PM

Yes, I meant the quick. I'm e-mailing a new owner instructions for clipping their nails when they get too long. I just wanted to send her directions that have really detailed pics. That pic looks just about right, although it seems like I've seen a pic similar to that somewhere else. That should do tho, thanks!

Re: Nail clipping instructions - 07/19/07 04:32 PM

thumb That is a great thing to do! I'm impressed that your taking the time to put together information material for new suggie owners! Good Job!!!!

Re: Nail clipping instructions - 07/19/07 04:47 PM

I always try to send new owners lots of info. agree
I love having pics to go with instructions. Pictures make everything so much easier to understand.

Re: Nail clipping instructions - 07/19/07 04:51 PM

I agree with that 100% Good Job!!!! We need alot more people like you in the glider community! Education is a must! Thanks Again clap
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL