GliderCENTRAL

length of time between nail clippings?

Posted By: sweetReaper

length of time between nail clippings? - 05/06/08 11:04 PM

What is the general amount of time it takes a suggie's nails to get long again after they have been clipped?
Posted By: Trigger

Re: length of time between nail clippings? - 05/06/08 11:36 PM

My boys are usually good for a month in between Lucy usually needs hers in 2-3 weeks. I guess some grow a bit faster than normal.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: length of time between nail clippings? - 05/07/08 12:31 AM

oh goodness! my suggie's nails grow back in like a week! If i go a couple days longer i have gashes all over me from him crawling all over my body! and believe me they hurt! i wish I didn't have to trim them so often, but i dont have a trimmer track for his Wodent yet, but when I do I will *hopefully* not have to trim quite so often.
Posted By: Snoopurr

Re: length of time between nail clippings? - 05/07/08 12:39 AM

you only have to use the trimmer track on the wodent wheel every 2 wks right??
Posted By: sugarlope

Re: length of time between nail clippings? - 05/07/08 01:20 AM

I clip most of my gliders nails every 2 weeks, but I clip Maia's nails a little more frequently because she is a bra baby and against my skin.
Posted By: angelic4296

Re: length of time between nail clippings? - 05/07/08 12:40 PM

I clip Giz every week and a half to 2 weeks depending on how fast they're growing...his nails seem to grow at warp speed, ugh. shakehead

Re: length of time between nail clippings? - 05/07/08 01:15 PM

do sugar gliders have a quick in their nails like dogs do? when you use a clipper, how low can you go?
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: length of time between nail clippings? - 05/07/08 03:51 PM

Gliders do have a quick in their nails. I trim every 7-10 days
Posted By: sugarlope

Re: length of time between nail clippings? - 05/07/08 04:05 PM

Originally Posted By: Snoopurr
do sugar gliders have a quick in their nails like dogs do? when you use a clipper, how low can you go?

You can see the blood supply in their nail if you have good light, but here is a great site about nail clipping (with pictures to show where to cut!):

http://www.petsugargliders.com/sgnail.php

Re: length of time between nail clippings? - 05/07/08 04:34 PM

wow that's very helpful. tyvm!
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL