GliderCENTRAL

Nippy's Necropsy

Posted By: hipbchik

Nippy's Necropsy - 10/31/11 01:34 AM

Nippy passed from a large Liver Tumor, Doc Tristan is sending it off for a histopath, so I will update when I get the results of that. Cancer type illness is common in older gliders, & since Nippy was almost 12, this is not a shocking result. Hopefully we can learn something of the type of Cancer, and what (if anything) we can do to prevent it in the future.
I want to take a moment to urge everyone that loses a glider to have a necropsy done...it's so important to the Community, we can learn something from every glider that dies, even those we think may just be from old age. We learned from his Neuter photos (also courtesy of Doc Tristan and shared here) several years ago, here's hoping my little old man teaches us something that can change the future of our Community.
Posted By: ValkyrieMome

Re: Nippy's Necropsy - 10/31/11 02:22 AM

Thank you.

I'm sorry for your loss -

But I also am hugely in favor of necropsies. EVERY necropsy helps us all, and I'm grateful for your contribution.

It isn't easy to have a loved one submitted for a necropsy, but it is so important for all of us and our gliders.

Re: Nippy's Necropsy - 10/31/11 02:25 AM

Thank you Alden; All for the good of the glider right?
Posted By: JazzNZoeysMom

Re: Nippy's Necropsy - 10/31/11 03:36 AM

So sorry for your loss.

Re: Nippy's Necropsy - 10/31/11 04:07 AM

Thank you
Posted By: Cora

Re: Nippy's Necropsy - 10/31/11 05:55 AM

((((HUGS))))
Posted By: yiyo

Re: Nippy's Necropsy - 10/31/11 11:43 AM

hug2
Posted By: IslandGliders

Re: Nippy's Necropsy - 10/31/11 01:07 PM

hug2

What an incredible last gift he gave us.
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL