GliderCENTRAL

Stormy had cancer

Posted By: cyndiekb

Stormy had cancer - 03/12/10 03:16 PM

My morning wake up call brought me the results of her histopath. She had cancer of the gallbladder and liver. This only brings me more questions the vets can't answer but at least I am glad to know I didn't drag out her life any longer than I had to once we KNEW 100% there was an issue. I have known for some time she just looked bad (her post is in real stories). Now I know why.

Know your gliders you are the best judge of their well being. The vets are still learning and we have to be the ones to push for these wonderful little "beasties".

With each passing we need to be learning. Please get those necropsys folks.
Posted By: Jackie_Chans_Mom

Re: Stormy had cancer - 03/12/10 03:35 PM

Oh CKB. I'm still so sorry for your loss.

Quote:
Please get those necropsys folks
We just can't say it enough. Please have them done and share the reports with the Necropsy Effort.

Thank YOU, Cyndie for having the histopath also, so that you get some closure and we get some more information about our babies. With enough information in one spot, we WILL find answers.
Posted By: Dancing

Re: Stormy had cancer - 03/12/10 04:07 PM

I wonder if the results tell what kind of cancer or cancers she had.

There are many different types of cells in the liver so it could have been several different types of cancer. Also, primary gallbladder cancer is rare in humans, usually it is metastisized (spread from) another area (such as the liver).
© 2022 GliderCENTRAL