GliderCENTRAL

frebreze/air freshing sprays

Posted By: Winter

frebreze/air freshing sprays - 03/18/13 09:04 PM

I saw a post about plug ins and candles, but was wondering about sprays. I grew up around parrots and i know you can't use these around birds..but what about gliders? I have seen websites saying u can and websites saying u can't . Getting confused lol
Posted By: rvtjess

Re: frebreze/air freshing sprays - 03/18/13 09:18 PM

Febreze is very bad, do not use it anywhere near them.

I purchased some PureAyre from Amazon.com. It is safe to be used around animals, including sugar gliers. The website even states that you can spray it directly on pets for instances such as your dog gets skunked.

It has a "minty" smell when you spray it. I use it to deodorize bonding pouches and cage set parts after I wash them if they are still pretty stinky. It does help!
Posted By: josefine

Re: frebreze/air freshing sprays - 03/19/13 02:53 AM

I'de be washing those pouches a 2nd time,w/plenty of vinegar if they are still stinky after you have already washed them.
Or,you could add vinegar to your load in the 1st place,& then maybe they will no longer smell? smile
Posted By: JillMarie

Re: frebreze/air freshing sprays - 03/19/13 10:05 AM

When in doubt, leave it out.

I wouldnt use it, but I try to stay away from anything that is chemically.
Posted By: sitkasmom

Re: frebreze/air freshing sprays - 03/19/13 10:31 AM

Originally Posted By: josefine
I'de be washing those pouches a 2nd time,w/plenty of vinegar if they are still stinky after you have already washed them.
Or,you could add vinegar to your load in the 1st place,& then maybe they will no longer smell? smile

:agreed: I add vinegar to all their laundry...

I just don't trust that kind of stuff. Not even with my dog. Don't know what kind of damage it does to the lungs or what it does when it's absorbed into the skin...

Just not worth the gamble to me.
Posted By: rvtjess

Re: frebreze/air freshing sprays - 03/19/13 03:27 PM

I read the MSDS report for it before using PureAyre. It's safe. We have used it on skunked dogs in the clinic before with great results and no ill effects. I've read multiple reports of other bird and suggie owners who also use this product for years.

Unlike Febreze, which is toxic!

I need to use SOMEthing in their room. I don't burn candles in there or use any plug ins. It helps.

Oops forgot to add - I normally do use vinegar with their pouches but I've ran out before and used this and it works. wink
Posted By: Oz_The_Third

Re: frebreze/air freshing sprays - 06/03/19 10:52 PM

What about essential oils? We have used it around the house, but have stopped until we know it is safe for the suggie
Posted By: Feather

Re: frebreze/air freshing sprays - 06/04/19 12:45 AM

I don't recommend any essential oils near the gliders.

I know of someone whose boyfriend sprayed lysol in the room because the kids were sick and the glider died, the necropsy showed that the small blood vessels in the lungs ruptured.
© 2022 GliderCENTRAL