GliderCENTRAL

Gliders hate/fear water

Posted By: sugarlope

Gliders hate/fear water - 09/25/09 07:27 PM

There are several threads in the archives about gliders and water. Whether or not they can swim, whether they would avoid water in their natural habitat, if water exposure is stressful, etc.

There is a wonderful post by Anita, in one of the threads;
http://www.glidercentral.net/ubbthreads/...swim#Post299386

I know that they can instinctively swim, because my oldest boy, Dakota swam when he was a joey. It was an accident, I hadn't had gliders for very long, he was on the counter and I had left two large tubs of water in the sink. He got spooked, dove into the first one, swam across, dog paddle style, climbed out the other side and dove into the second pan of water and did it again. He came out the other side wet, but no worse for wear. I dried him off and he was fine.

I also know someone that regularly takes his glider into the shower. She even has her own shower bar and jumps back and forth from his shoulder to play in the 'rain'.

Have an opinion? What do you think?
Posted By: Kiiru

Re: Gliders hate/fear water - 09/25/09 09:10 PM

That's so cute!! laugh I would love to let mine all swim or go in the shower with me but all I can think of is negatives and I'm a paranoid mamma!! Like, what if it gets in their nose? What if it goes in their ears? What if it gets into their lungs? Hypothermia? Etc. I don't know if gliders have sensitive ears like dogs or not but getting water in a dogs ears or nose isn't a good idea and since sugs ears stand up, there's a higer risk of it getting in theirs. The biggest thing I'd be concerned about is the water getting up their nose or hypothermia. Their lungs are so small and just a little drop might be harmful. frown Plus, they'd get cold fast because they're so small.

I dunno! That's my input. Next!! ^^
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Gliders hate/fear water - 09/25/09 10:36 PM

I always let my gliders have run of the bathroom when I am taking a shower and they always seem to either sneak in thru the bottom of the curtain or climb the cloth outside curtain to get to the bar and then jump to me and usually go to my head... but they do not seem to be afraid of the water, they actually seem to like it vary much. I just make sure they are all dried off before they leave the steamy bathroom...
Posted By: MNrarepets

Re: Gliders hate/fear water - 09/25/09 11:13 PM

wouldn't they get all soapy or shampooey if landing on your head? would that be a good or bad thing? i think i might let them play in the sink (Editted to add: not a full sink, maybe just a sprinkle of water to see how they like it), but with a shower, i guess i'd be nervous about it spraying in the wrong places, like kiiru is.

b

Re: Gliders hate/fear water - 09/25/09 11:36 PM

Well the soap is not an issue with me as it is a completely organic, even edible soap and shampoo... it called "Mop" I haven't had any issues. My vet even told me as long as I am not using a Caustic Cleaner that contains any chemicals or waxes that it shouldn't be an issue. I am going to have to ask my vet about the issues with them getting water in their ears though... But I don't think it would be an issue as they shake their head quite alot so it seems to stay pretty dry... The only bad part is the nails on the skin... wink I think it is a pretty fun and could even be considered enrichment playtime.....
When I lived in Fl I had a outside enclosure that I kept my gliders in for a good chunk of the year... it was 4 feet wide, 4 feet deep and 8 feet tall, anyways I noticed when it rained and stormed at night they would be out enjoying themselves. They would chase each other all over the place like crazy. Now since I moved I let them do the shower thing cause I don't see the point in an outdoor enclosure in Mn.
Posted By: hushpuppy

Re: Gliders hate/fear water - 09/25/09 11:47 PM

Well I am totally jealous. With all the messing around that I’ve done with my gliders, it never occurred to me to let them in the bathroom while I showered. Now ya know I just gotta try it.

I could be wrong, but I think that we get so tied up in the “gotta do’s” and the “don’t ever do’s” that sometimes we forget why we got these animals. I’m not saying that diets, and safety, and all that other stuff isn’t important, but isn’t it also important to loosen up a little and enjoy these guys?

I met a lady earlier this year who owned a glider. I listened to how the glider curls up in the blanket with her and she rubs his paws until he falls asleep. I heard how the glider wrestles her hubby’s toes when he is just wearing socks. And how the glider loves to nip hubby’s ear and scamper off. I didn’t even ask what diet she fed or any of that other stuff. It was so obvious that she was in love with that animal and that the glider was in love with her. I was afraid that I would mess things up for them.

I’ll let ya’ll know how the shower goes.

Posted By: KarenE

Re: Gliders hate/fear water - 09/26/09 12:08 AM

When I came on the glider scene, there were far too many glider deaths from drowning in toilets or sinks (mostly kitchen) so it makes sense how the myth would get started that gliders can't swim or don't like water.

It isn't that they can't but the toilet/sink drownings happen because the glider exhausts itself when it cannot climb up the slick sides. Not because it cannot swim.

Closing the lid, using toilet ladders and just generally making people more aware of the hazard has made a huge difference in the number of deaths we have seen from drowning.
Posted By: Marz

Re: Gliders hate/fear water - 09/26/09 12:29 AM

I agree with Karen that the myth most likely generated from the toilet/sink/bucket drownings where the gliders could not climb out.

My own gliders are outside and they have a full roof and three sides covered from the worst of the elements. However, on rainy nights especially during Summer, I often see 20 or so gliders all positioned across on the open side enjoying the rain!

Re: Gliders hate/fear water - 09/26/09 02:25 AM

I occasionally even use a mister just to wet the sides of the cage down to clean in between cleanings and they will sometimes scamper out of their nest box and enjoy running in and out of the mist, I sometimes even lose track of time and the amount of water I use and before ya know my 2 gallon pump mister is out of water and the cage is soaked... But the gliders do seem to really enjoy it, and for me that is really what it is about (The glider enjoying him/her self) and me enjoying them. On a side note they also seem to enjoy grooming while they are in the shower or mist its kind of like they are feeling like they are finally getting a good clean start. Maybe they need a shower every now and then... They are kind of like dogs after a shower, they get really wound up and go nuts rolling and playing..... Sorry Im all over the place, im just spewing out diff things I can remember... wink
Posted By: kelii

Re: Gliders hate/fear water - 09/26/09 02:27 PM

I think I'll try the mister thing tonight! It sounds like they really do enjoy water.

Re: Gliders hate/fear water - 09/26/09 02:51 PM

Some interesting ideas! I have to say, I definitely would not think of letting my guys out in the bathroom while I shower. Of course, I have three kitties and a dog, and really can't let my gliders out of my sight and full attention.

I like the misting idea.
Posted By: MNrarepets

Re: Gliders hate/fear water - 09/28/09 12:25 PM

misting sounds alot better than a shower to me. perhaps a spray bottle in mist mode?

b
Posted By: SugarBlossoms

Re: Gliders hate/fear water - 10/07/09 05:43 AM

Most of my gliders go into a panic mode when I turn on the sink or if they hear water running. All of them hide in their pouches when it rains. I have always kept them away from water unless I had to wash one's rump. (when 2 had surgery) Those 2 didn't seem to mind though. hmmm
Posted By: tlc_in_chitown

Re: Gliders hate/fear water - 10/07/09 06:36 AM

My five month (at the time) male glider had an incident with water earlier this year. He was on my shoulder when I went into the kitchen to get my morning java. He jumped off of my shoulder into a soapy dishwater filled popcorn bowl that my teenage daughter was in the process of washing. He sank like a rock...never even attempted to swim. I had to fish him from the bottom of the bowl blindly through the suds. He aspirated the saopy water into his lungs snd required a thump to get him breathing again. I think he just froze up and was too stunned to try to swim. He was fine and running around as if nothing had happened to him when we arrived at the vets office.

My five year old male glider was in the living room with my husband while I was cleaning a cage in the next room. He jumped/glided 15-20 feet through the doorway right into the bucket of water I was using to clean with (impressive). He wanted to see what I had in there and what I was doing. He was paddling as soon as he hit the water. I don't even think his entire head got wet.

I think each glider is different with swimming. I am now overly cautious about water around my gliders. Whatever I am drinking is a potential drowning hazzard because they just have to see what mom has. If I tell them no and move it across the room, it becomes their mission to get to it. I don't think that any of mine are "afraid" of water, but none of mine "like" it. I cant even wipe my gliders with a damp washcloth without them clawing to get away. Damp feet during a bathtub intro had them shaking their feet and doing the "run across hot coals" dance. I find it very interesting that some have gliders that "like" water. Anyone else have gliders that do or don't like water?
Posted By: Merissa

Re: Gliders hate/fear water - 12/31/09 07:51 PM

Speedy likes water.
When ever he is on my shoulder while im getting a glass of water he tries to jump where the water is coming from.
I stop him right before he does it because i dont want him to get in the habit of doing it.

Re: Gliders hate/fear water - 01/02/10 03:46 AM

I was always cautious, with the toilet, and sinks of water and all that. But after cage cleanup, and sweeping and mopping one day, I forgot to empty the mop bucket. My sweetest boy got out and drown. However, we had a rescue that was so filthy that we decided to clean her in the tub. She loved it. Don't know if she just loved getting clean or loved the water though.
Posted By: Dancing

Re: Gliders hate/fear water - 01/02/10 05:28 AM

The danger of toilets and buckets of water is gliders tire quickly when swimming and there is no way for them to get back out of the toilet or bucket. (not to mention the bacteria in the toilets!) It isn't that gliders can't swim, it is they can't get back out of the toilet once they become tired because of the shape of the toilet and the slick sides.
Posted By: Cora

Re: Gliders hate/fear water - 01/02/10 05:42 AM

Sugar likes water...........she was trying to get all her 224 grams crammed in her water bowl earlier............silly glider!
Posted By: Xfilefan

Re: Gliders hate/fear water - 01/16/10 09:11 AM

I would also venture that the patagium creates drag when trying to swim, and they tire faster than other animals, leading to drowning once the glider is exhausted. Like trying to swim with too many clothes on.

Re: Gliders hate/fear water - 01/17/10 03:52 AM

So sugar gliders can swim? huh... I never ever would of thought that!
Posted By: Sabarika

Re: Gliders hate/fear water - 01/17/10 09:07 AM

Yep, sugar gliders are capable of swimming. smile A long while back someone had a video of their glider swimming in a pool, although I don't recommend anybody try that with their gliders.
Posted By: suggiemom1980

Re: Gliders hate/fear water - 01/17/10 11:52 AM

Originally Posted By: Dancing
The danger of toilets and buckets of water is gliders tire quickly when swimming and there is no way for them to get back out of the toilet or bucket. (not to mention the bacteria in the toilets!) It isn't that gliders can't swim, it is they can't get back out of the toilet once they become tired because of the shape of the toilet and the slick sides.

This is why it's important to have a glider ladder in the toilet, should the lid be left up accidentally. It gives them something to hold onto until they can be rescued or recover enough to jump out.

Re: Gliders hate/fear water - 03/10/10 03:52 AM

I actually asked someone to remember to put the toilet seat down today, and he said 'Why, they can't swim?' And just automatically I assumed they couldn't because they shouldn't be in toilets. Puppys can swim fine, but you wouldn't put them in a toilet, right? I'm excited to take my boys showering. I already do that with my ferrets. They love the water...hate the washing.
Posted By: DCMuffin

Re: Gliders hate/fear water - 03/27/10 02:17 PM

Hmmmm, so water doesn't get in their ears and since there are so many little creative things for gliders...how about a little shower cap? lol How cute would THAT be? hehe
Posted By: HappyToBeHere

Re: Gliders hate/fear water - 03/31/10 04:37 PM

so i tried the water spray bottle things. Mine hate it. They froze up and stopped playing, got quite and just stared...

But when i do shower they dont mind, they sit there on the curtain polls and chill.

Maybe its the sound of the spray bottle or maybe them just getting wet they dont like!

Re: Gliders hate/fear water - 03/31/10 05:04 PM

It really might be the sound of the spray bottle. For instance, my horse loves getting hosed down and loves baths, but whenever he hears the spray bottle he freaks. Its not the wetness he minds, I think its just a really unnatural sound that he had to get used to.

Re: Gliders hate/fear water - 03/31/10 05:11 PM

I was thinking the same thing. I would think since "PSSST" isn't a good noise to them, the spray bottle (which happens to make the same noise) may be [censored] them out more than the actual water.
Posted By: HappyToBeHere

Re: Gliders hate/fear water - 04/02/10 04:10 PM

I agree, think its the sound too!

Re: Gliders hate/fear water - 05/25/10 01:38 AM

I regularly put a shallow dish of water in my glider cage and they love it, splash around, shake it all over, groom. I don't know where this water myth came from. They love it.

Re: Gliders hate/fear water - 06/27/10 01:17 PM

I think sometimes people get so protective of their sugar giders they forget they are animals with animal instincts. Mine love to play in water, protect their ears and don't aspirate it. They love to be clean, plus am sure they have sense enough to go to pouch and warm up before hypothermia sets in. I give them the bottom of a ceramic plant pot as their "pool" and most mornings the water is filthy after they've played in it. They also will shower if I mist the cage. I think the drownings started this and it perpetuated into water is dangerous and gliders hate water. Seeing them dip hands in water and wash their little faces is adorable.
Posted By: Dee

Re: Gliders hate/fear water - 07/28/10 07:19 PM

Correct me if I am wrong here but don't Suggies from tropical or sub tropical regions? That being said there are distict rainy seasons in those locations where in the wild they could and would seek shelter from the rain but at other times they would be out in the rain, from what I have read during the rain season they state that thier activity would be reduced. But imagine these little guys in captivity never having a change of season like a rainy season they would either be really excited or scared and may seek shelter. Now I am not claiming that this site has all the right information or anything but the climate we can't really debate on (I don't think LOL) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sugar_glider

Re: Gliders hate/fear water - 03/02/12 07:07 PM

This is a really cute read! I had heard the rumor that they could'nt swim, but I heard many gliders loved little baths! That is so adorable! When my lil' joey is old enough I'll have to see if he is a water lover or if it's just not his thing. smile Thanks everyone!!!!
Posted By: etrnalsunshinee

Re: Gliders hate/fear water - 03/02/12 07:15 PM

Gliders CAN swim, I believe you are connecting that idea to the fact that they can't get out of the toilet if they fall in. This is more due to the fact that there is nothing for them to hold onto to pull themselves out, but they will infact swim for a while until they get too tired.
Posted By: sitkasmom

Re: Gliders hate/fear water - 03/02/12 07:48 PM

Originally Posted By: etrnalsunshinee
Gliders CAN swim, I believe you are connecting that idea to the fact that they can't get out of the toilet if they fall in. This is more due to the fact that there is nothing for them to hold onto to pull themselves out, but they will infact swim for a while until they get too tired.

From what I understand its not the swimming that is dangerous. Its the getting wet. They will get cold very easily when wet and can aspirate some of the water. That will cause a whole slew of issues.

Getting wet in a Hot Humid environment is quite different than getting wet in a room in a house..

Gliders groom themselves (unless they are sick, but thats another issue). Which means they give themselves baths. Daily.

Mine will not be getting any intentional baths at my house, whether they like it or not...
Posted By: etrnalsunshinee

Re: Gliders hate/fear water - 03/02/12 07:59 PM

Originally Posted By: sitkasmom
Originally Posted By: etrnalsunshinee

From what I understand its not the swimming that is dangerous. Its the getting wet. They will get cold very easily when wet and can aspirate some of the water. That will cause a whole slew of issues.

Getting wet in a Hot Humid environment is quite different than getting wet in a room in a house..

Gliders groom themselves (unless they are sick, but thats another issue). Which means they give themselves baths. Daily.

Mine will not be getting any intentional baths at my house, whether they like it or not...

Me either.... though showering with them seems fun (as mentioned in previous posts of this thread), I'm too much of a worry wart to try it.
Posted By: eshaw

Re: Gliders hate/fear water - 03/02/12 10:19 PM

When I build my indoor enclosure for mine it is going to have safe plants and trees in it for them. It is also going to include a recirculating stream so they can drink from it or go wading if that's what they want to do. I'm going to do research and see if I can't duplicate a natural habitat for them only on a smaller scale, at least that's the big plan.

To me it only makes sense that they would like water IF they are accustomed to it. Anything new and differenct can be explored with an ounce of intrepidation on their part until it is deemed "ok". I agree that they would tire quickly if in water for prolonged periods, especially with the patagiam. Like was said, I think it would create a lot of drag on them. As far as water getting in their ears I don't think it would be any worse than a hunting dog getting water in theirs. They shake their heads to expel water and I'm relatively sure a glider would do the same. That's just my take on it.
Posted By: lilangels

Re: Gliders hate/fear water - 03/02/12 10:21 PM

Where was the article about them swimming? I read that page and didn't find anything on it.

Re: Gliders hate/fear water - 03/03/12 01:07 AM

Originally Posted By: lilangels
Where was the article about them swimming? I read that page and didn't find anything on it.

It was about 3 yrs ago so prob has been removed due to space issues.
Posted By: sugarlope

Re: Gliders hate/fear water - 03/03/12 05:30 PM

There wasn't an 'article' on swimming, just the post/thread that is linked above (and still in the archives) to help start the conversation. thumb
Posted By: StowawayGliders

Re: Gliders hate/fear water - 03/06/12 10:39 PM

Learning new things all the time, didn't know they could swim...

Re: Gliders hate/fear water - 03/07/12 04:25 AM

Daisy tried swimming the other night and i can tell you for sure she did not enjoy it. She fell in the dishwater while i was washing glider dishes. I will NEVER EVER again expose my babies to water of any kind. In the matter of 2 or 3 seconds I had pictures of Daisy being dead from my stupid mistake and those images will never get out of my mind. I was so very lucky but i don't suggest anyone ever put their glider in water to see if they like to swim.

Re: Gliders hate/fear water - 03/07/12 04:54 AM

I may be going out on a limb here, although I know a lot of it has been said already..

Similar to what Dee said, they manage in the wild. Also - all animals are also born in the wild and they will have the instincts, even if they have been hand-reared in a house.

Although I, technically, know nothing this is what I suggest:

Gliders can swim, the main reasons for death is exhaustion, not the actual water.

Gliders have different personalities so it is probably not difficult to imagine that some may love water and some may hate it. Or - that some may be more scared when they try it than others.

For those who have fallen into water, like dishwashers (I understand your fear lilangels) or buckets or bowls etc, I would imagine that for a creature (or even a human baby) to fall headfirst into a big load of water is going to make them scared or make them dislike it.

I believe with the right setting -eg. a nice shallow amount of warm water in a sink for begginers, not enough so their feet can't touch the bottom and then perhaps increase the amount over time until they have to swim while in the middle of the sink).

I would imagine that in time the glider would get used to it and love it (unless you really do have one that particularly hates it).

I don't have baths, but I could imagine just bringing ONE with me along with something tha floats like a flat floating soap dish or something and letting it sit on that and also letting it swim and have little toys, perhaps it could be a lot of fun.

I say one because you can keep watch over it 100% of the time. Obviously not a good idea if you're prone to falling asleep in the tub or using body soap/bath salts etc or AFTER your have soaped off/washed.

If it was me I would personally try to lull them into the idea of water as I mentioned, see if they like it and are comfortable, make sure they can swim etc and then shower/bath.

Afterwards I would do what I would with a baby or any other kind of animal, wrap and hug them up in a super soft warm towel (perhaps put on a warming towel heaer beforeheand) and then dry them as much as you can.

Also, I have found something I am going to get for my gliders (perfect for moments like this) which is a mini-hotwater bottle. I haven't posted to ask if this is ok yet but I cannot see why it wouldn't be and then if I put them back in their cage (or even close to me) make sure they have that to keep them nice and warm until they are completely dried off. =)

Sorry for the wall of text!

Re: Gliders hate/fear water - 03/07/12 02:10 PM

You can also buy one of these... I bought one for my boogers when we lost our heat, it wasnt out for long, but I wanted to have something like this on hand just in case.

http://www.amazon.com/Pet-Supply-Imports...552&sr=8-23
Posted By: Lunas_mom

Re: Gliders hate/fear water - 03/07/12 05:39 PM

Sitasmom- I love that heating device you posted. I think I might get one for my dog. I never knew there was such a thing, I've been using the self heating pet beds. Did you see if you do use that thing for gliders you can buy a fleece cover for it:)

Re: Gliders hate/fear water - 03/07/12 06:03 PM

To keep this on topic I'm sending you a PM :lshower:
Posted By: Johannasgliders

Re: Gliders hate/fear water - 03/07/12 08:15 PM

Gliders can paddle if they have to. I don't think they enjoy it nor do I think they would do it on purpose. But my little fuzzy love a spray bottle. :roflmao2:
Posted By: GliderNursery

Re: Gliders hate/fear water - 03/08/12 01:30 AM

I would not suggest taking a glider into the bath tub with you, ever. Gliders can swim, and as mentioned they usually get exhausted if they can't get out and drown.

Gliders are not aquatic animals and IMO, there is no reason to try to introduce them to it.

Re: Gliders hate/fear water - 03/08/12 01:37 AM

I was just discussing this with my husband and he interrupted me and said "Gliders don't swim, they're trying not to drown."

My response was "if they are navigating in the water and keeping their head up, they are swimming."

He again said, "No, they are trying to stay alive. Gliders aren't meant to swim."

Just his opinion on it anyway.

Re: Gliders hate/fear water - 03/08/12 02:17 AM

A glider has the same response any animal or human would have if dropped in water. They fight to get up to the top for air. The paddling is for survival.

I have plucked a glider from the toilet. She didn't seem to be having a nice swim. This

Re: Gliders hate/fear water - 03/08/12 03:51 AM

I have the disk sitka posted for my orphaned kittens they are the best ever.
I like Shelly's husband's opinion...he is sooo right!!!

Re: Gliders hate/fear water - 03/08/12 04:26 AM

Originally Posted By: lilangels
I like Shelly's husband's opinion...he is sooo right!!!

Do Not tell him that! :roflmao:

Re: Gliders hate/fear water - 03/08/12 05:20 AM

I agree with him Shelly. Don't worry I'll never tell him. :nanana:
Posted By: Helen88uk

Re: Gliders hate/fear water - 03/20/12 08:41 PM

Gliders have no reason to swim. I don't think any animal that has no reason to go into water would enjoy it, other than dogs. BUT dogs normally have a waterproof undercoat. Mine will run into the sea but his feet are always on the ground. A glider dropped into more than a few inches of water would not be able to stand up with it's head above water. It's a completely different thing.

They aren't designed for water. They don't have any kind of webbed fingers. They aren't waterproof. They don't get any food from water area's in the wild. I think wanting to put a glider in the bath with you is jsut ridiculous. It will take a long time to get them dry. They couldn't dry themselves.

Yes they will 'swim' but like it was said, they'll swim to stop themselves from drowning, not because they're enjoying it.
Posted By: AllisonNicole

Re: Gliders hate/fear water - 06/11/12 04:26 AM

I think swimming is a risky idea and I agree that they aren't designed for it. However I do think some like water I mean, there's rain in the wild! They live perfectly fine in the wild! I'm sure some don't likeitbut yes some probably do. I think the spray bottles or shallow water bowl in cage is a good idea for the water-loving gliders.
Posted By: Sweet As Suggies

Re: Gliders hate/fear water - 10/16/12 05:43 AM

This is so interesting! clap

I never leave standing water out without a cover on it (due to my gliders), but I think I will try the cage mister! Thanks for all of the various thoughts grin

Re: Gliders hate/fear water - 10/16/12 05:32 PM

When holding Calypso, she likes to drink spring water from the bottle cap. When she's done tho, she loves to dip er fingers in and splash it all over whoever she can reach. When the cap's empty, I give her more. She drinks a drop or two and commences to splashing people! While I'm sure she'd like more water to play in, this is all she's ever gonna get.
Posted By: Wisteria11

Re: Gliders hate/fear water - 10/17/12 10:00 PM

Im not sure my glider doesnt have this problem. Though my glider did learn how to drink out of a botttle by herself. she probably loves it
Posted By: Curious

Re: Gliders hate/fear water - 04/14/14 12:41 AM

I sometimes feel as if my gliders MUST bathe in the hanging, open water containers (for drinking) I have in their cages sometime. If not bathe, play by sticking their hands in. The water is so DIRTY some nights after I wake up.

Other than that, I have never tried playing with water with them. Huh. It's something to try in a small scale and see if they like. How adorable!
Posted By: Lisette

Re: Gliders hate/fear water - 04/17/14 07:55 PM

The only reasons I could see for getting them wet is to clean off a mess (and I mean if they got into something sticky or something they shouldn't ingest) or if you're in a particularly hot climate and your AC broke (so to help prevent over heating in extreme conditions) And I DEFINITELY wouldn't recommend taking them into to the tub WITH you. Ankle-deep (and I mean glider ankles), luke-warm water is one thing, but a nice hot bath for us would likely be painfully hot for them.
Posted By: leelyn

Re: Gliders hate/fear water - 05/03/14 02:09 AM

eshaw~ Did you ever build your indoor enclosure with the stream? I'd be very interested in seeing that. I have them for my crested geckos but it sounds really cool for the gliders. The one thing to worry about would be keeping the water clean from them peeing and pooping and the bits of food that flies around.
Posted By: Donnarae

Re: Gliders hate/fear water - 05/10/14 11:18 PM

I've taken 2 of my gliders into the shower with me. One loved it and would run from my one shoulder that was in the stream of water to the other shoulder and back. The other glider didn't seem to care one way or the other. It is more fun for the glider than for me with their little needle sharp nails digging into bare skin.
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL