GliderCENTRAL

Re-homing to PA

Posted By: Anonymous

Re-homing to PA - 12/20/10 09:59 PM

The woman who is considering adoption my gliders lives in PA. I keep hearing that you can adopt gliders to residents in PA as long as they get a license from the game commission and the gliders are not sold. I went on the game commission's website and I cannot find a single phone number to contact, nor can I find a permit listed on their website about exotic animals. Does anyone have any information on the re-homing of gliders to PA or is it just as illegal as selling and breeding gliders?
Posted By: DCMuffin

Re: Re-homing to PA - 12/20/10 10:23 PM

Hi Aleera -

Read from this point forward and it should give you your answer. Essentially, they say that you need a permit, but they aren't issuing any permits, therefore gliders are illegal.

Read here:

http://www.glidercentral.net/ubbthreads/...tes#Post1038070
Posted By: TheGliderPlayroom

Re: Re-homing to PA - 12/20/10 11:17 PM

I have worked with the game commission in PA, and they state that gliders are completely illegal. They will seize them, and while they do rehome some outside the state, they do also euthanize some.

If you search youtube for "Sugar Gliders, Illegal Pet", there's a news segment there, where the game commission is on record saying they are illegal there.
Posted By: Hperk

Re: Re-homing to PA - 12/20/10 11:36 PM

So glad to not live in PA - someone should convince them that they NEED gliders!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Re-homing to PA - 12/22/10 03:09 AM

Thank you for the information. A little disappointing, but it is better to know now.
Posted By: countrygal

Re: Re-homing to PA - 12/25/10 06:29 AM

I would like to take my pair along while I visit relatives in PA over the holidays. I would rather have them with me than risk an accident at home while I am gone. Are gliders prohibited from travelling through PA for a short term visit as well?

~leigh
Posted By: GliderNursery

Re: Re-homing to PA - 12/25/10 04:58 PM

I'm not sure about that. Technically, any time you cross state lines with an exotic animal, you are supposed to contact that state and get a permit or notify them for permission to enter (each state) with the animal. Honestly, I don't know of anyone that does it though.
Posted By: heidi

Re: Re-homing to PA - 12/25/10 05:34 PM

we whent to long wood del,last year.at the hotel we staye in said,people had pets like ours.the pets where taken away and the people had to pay a hafty fine...i was freeking out,i had three male fuzzys with me...i was soooo scared,let me tell you we did not stay in pa we drove to del...

next story to do with pa..a female pmed me plase save my glider...so we drove the 8 hrs in pa to meet her.the police where there to make sure her glider was leaving the state..i had to give them my id along with toms..about a week latter i had my lokal sherif nock on my door asking about my flying squael from pa,and if i had it if he could see it..yep shes still with us..

pa is no joke when they say no,please before the animal gets hurt dont take them to pa
Posted By: countrygal

Re: Re-homing to PA - 12/26/10 10:50 PM

I always carry current health and registration papers for every horse I transport across state lines, especially Kentucky. Why risk having the animals confiscated, tested, levied a hefty fine and probably missing the event to which I was hauling just to save a few bucks for a vet call.

The same rules could easily apply to exotics, and probably do. Isn't it worth the time to acquire a permit to legally transport suggies or other exotic if only for a little peace of mind?

~leigh
Posted By: sugarlope

Re: Re-homing to PA - 12/28/10 01:42 AM

Every place I know of that is illegal to own, it's illegal to transport them through as well. Georgia used to be that way (you couldn't drive or fly through with them), NYC is that way as well as CA. Everything I have heard about PA is the same. They are illegal to have there, whether living or just traveling through.
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL