GliderCENTRAL

I am moving to PA!! any advice please?

Posted By: suggie_island

I am moving to PA!! any advice please? - 03/14/13 01:51 AM

Hello,
I live in SC and next year I am moving to PA. I am very worried about my 4 suggies, I love them and they need me too.
What can I do so I can take them with me without any problem?
Posted By: suggiemom1980

Re: I am moving to PA!! any advice please? - 03/14/13 02:49 AM

Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do. Sugar gliders are illegal in PA. I'm so sorry!

Re: I am moving to PA!! any advice please? - 03/14/13 03:01 AM

I just can't believe that! where did common sense go to?
I was hoping that if I can prove that I pouched them, from a licensed breeder, 2 years before I moved to PA, while I was living in a state where they are legal I was going to be able to keep them!! frown
Must be a way!
Is PA doing anything to make them legal?
Posted By: Feather

Re: I am moving to PA!! any advice please? - 03/14/13 03:49 AM

PA does have something in the works, but it hasn't been signed into law yet.

I would write letters to the senators and legislators to get this bill moving again.

Until it is actually passed your sugar gliders could be confiscated from you if you move there and are caught with them.
Posted By: josefine

Re: I am moving to PA!! any advice please? - 03/14/13 04:36 AM

How about if we all would write to those educated idiots in PA, to help in getting sugar gliders legalized?
Posted By: suggiemom1980

Re: I am moving to PA!! any advice please? - 03/14/13 04:44 AM

Originally Posted By: Feather
PA does have something in the works, but it hasn't been signed into law yet.

I would write letters to the senators and legislators to get this bill moving again.

Until it is actually passed your sugar gliders could be confiscated from you if you move there and are caught with them.

The last I heard was they'll give you 30 days to get them out of PA. That may have changed tho.

Re: I am moving to PA!! any advice please? - 03/15/13 01:06 AM

I think all I can do is to send letters hoping that the legislation will change. I just can't believe that there is not a federal law that will help me to keep my pets, my property , when I bought them legally from a breeder with a license.
I invite any one who wants to join me to make sugar gliders legal in PA to do the same. I will Thank each and everyone who helps me to get this possible!!
Posted By: Cora

Re: I am moving to PA!! any advice please? - 03/15/13 10:34 PM

I found this
http://www.philly.com/philly/news/politics/PA_lawmaker_Let_my_hedgehogs_go.html

If you live in PA, call your house rep and ask them to support this bill. You can find the contact info here...

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/legi...FTOKEN=62727311
Posted By: DCMuffin

Re: I am moving to PA!! any advice please? - 03/17/13 03:12 PM

While I agree that it's a great thing if we are able to legalize gliders in certain states, and I know that Feather has done a great job with this - do be careful and try to enlist the help of others if you intend to do this. My concern, if you go in pushing, about YOUR gliders, is that you may draw unnecessary attention to yourself and they will then know that you have your gliders there with you and they may look closer than they otherwise would. Be informed, be smart and talk to those that have done this before thumb
Posted By: Feather

Re: I am moving to PA!! any advice please? - 03/17/13 05:18 PM

When writing to your senators and legislators it is important to do the following:

Keep the letters informative and educational, use only facts.

Make sure you check your spelling and grammar (no swearing), these letters need to look professional.

Keep your emotions out of the letters.

If you get others to help you with these letters, make up the letter you want to be seen and then have your other helpers just sign the letter, so that the same letter is going out.

That way you are keeping in professional and unemotional.
Posted By: Drea

Re: I am moving to PA!! any advice please? - 03/18/13 10:02 PM

Check your pm's dear it's the flashing envelope in the center of the gray buttons.
Posted By: aWiiPeanut

Re: I am moving to PA!! any advice please? - 11/02/13 08:51 PM

Is there any update on PA? How is it going? I wish people in other states could help. We are a free country...We need them legalized everywhere!!!!!!
=)
© 2021 GliderCENTRAL