GliderCENTRAL

Bill to legalize Sugar Gliders in Georgia

Posted By: CritterHill

Bill to legalize Sugar Gliders in Georgia - 02/29/08 09:52 PM

News Story: Bill seeks to sweeten deal for sugar glider owners
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Bill to legalize Sugar Gliders in Georgia - 02/29/08 09:55 PM

got a green card eh? Thats cute. smile Hope it passes!!!

Re: Bill to legalize Sugar Gliders in Georgia - 02/29/08 09:56 PM

wow thats great news for everyone.
Posted By: silverwolf

Re: Bill to legalize Sugar Gliders in Georgia - 02/29/08 10:09 PM

wow I hope it passes I don't think they should be illegal anywhere but maybe that is just because I'm so addicted to my babies.
Posted By: pappy1264

Re: Bill to legalize Sugar Gliders in Georgia - 02/29/08 10:35 PM

Strange, it didn't list MA as being illegal.....hope it does passes, maybe then the other states will follow.

Re: Bill to legalize Sugar Gliders in Georgia - 02/29/08 10:39 PM

Thats so cool....and he brought some in for a "show and tell"......how awesome! Good luck to Georgia folks....sounds like they have someone in their corner now... laugh
Posted By: tngliderlover

Re: Bill to legalize Sugar Gliders in Georgia - 02/29/08 10:56 PM

Oh, Wow!! This is almost unbelievable. I sure hope the bill passes!! My parents live in Georgia so this would be great if I ever had to move back to Georgia. (They know I won't move there now because I won't give up my suggies.)
Posted By: glidergrl1513

Re: Bill to legalize Sugar Gliders in Georgia - 03/01/08 02:48 AM

If it passes I may have to move back to GA grin I sure miss it there.

Re: Bill to legalize Sugar Gliders in Georgia - 03/01/08 03:07 AM

HOpefully it will pass and help other states follow suite
Posted By: jacknsally

Re: Bill to legalize Sugar Gliders in Georgia - 03/03/08 04:33 PM

Originally Posted By: pappy1264
Strange, it didn't list MA as being illegal.....hope it does passes, maybe then the other states will follow.

From my understanding of the article- he says those states have legalized- making sugar gliders legal in some way or another. MA may not be listed because they are still 100% NO Sugar Gliders. He even states that GA owners could have sugar gliders if they went through the $236 Wild Animal permit on a yearly process.

The bill passed will have requirements which are not bad at all but it doesn't shut down the mill breeders from traveling there to sell tant

Re: Bill to legalize Sugar Gliders in Georgia - 03/05/08 04:01 AM

They also didn't mention Alaska, Suger Glider are illegal also.

Re: Bill to legalize Sugar Gliders in Georgia - 03/05/08 04:07 AM

The Artical States " All but four state - Hawaii, California, Pennsylvania and Georgia - Have legalized sugar gliders as pets in one way or another," They have the number of state that they are illegal in wrong...at least six state. Ma and AK, like stated in other posts

Re: Bill to legalize Sugar Gliders in Georgia - 04/07/08 11:54 PM

Here is a question for you guys--
I live in Alabama-Legal here-and plan to take my sugies on vacation with me to NC-also legal. On the way, I have to travel through Georgia and SC. Is there something I need to do so I can legally drive through GA, or should I find another route?
Posted By: glidergrl1513

Re: Bill to legalize Sugar Gliders in Georgia - 04/08/08 12:03 AM

In Georgia, you have 24 hours to get in and out of the state with sugar gliders. So you'll be fine driving through. thumb

Re: Bill to legalize Sugar Gliders in Georgia - 04/08/08 12:05 AM

SC is a legal state wink

Re: Bill to legalize Sugar Gliders in Georgia - 04/08/08 02:19 AM

Thanks for the info!

Re: Bill to legalize Sugar Gliders in Georgia - 01/08/09 02:06 PM

Anyone know if and when this is supposed to pass?
Posted By: saturngirl

Re: Bill to legalize Sugar Gliders in Georgia - 01/08/09 02:10 PM

It's now legal to own gliders in GA....as long as they are bought from a USDA licensed breeder and the breeder gives you paperwork.

Re: Bill to legalize Sugar Gliders in Georgia - 01/08/09 03:07 PM

ok thats what I thought but most sites still have it as illegal and i isso conflictin...we are moving from florida to georgia so it is pretty important to know...

Re: Bill to legalize Sugar Gliders in Georgia - 01/08/09 04:03 PM

Yep, As of May 2008 Sugar Gliders are legal to own In GA, as long as you have documentation showing that you obtained the gliders from a USDA approved source...I did lots of research before i got my gliders laugh

Re: Bill to legalize Sugar Gliders in Georgia - 01/08/09 04:09 PM

Well I waited a few months after they became legal here in Georgia. But I was so excited to finally hear that they were legal here.

Re: Bill to legalize Sugar Gliders in Georgia - 01/08/09 04:44 PM

that is awesome we are moving from floida to georgia so that is AWESOME!!!

Re: Bill to legalize Sugar Gliders in Georgia - 01/31/09 06:55 PM

I am marrying this summer and he is in the army! I have to move to GA i was just wondering what all i needed to do before i can get 2 suggies!

Re: Bill to legalize Sugar Gliders in Georgia - 01/31/09 07:14 PM

SouthernBelle:

If you are going to be moving for hubby's job a lot, you may want to think long and hard about whether or not suggies are right for you. We have all seen many a post from someone who is very heartbroken as they have to rehome their suggies due to relocation.

Just a thought - I know it would be SUPER hard for me now that I have my kids if I had to rehome them...
Posted By: sugarlope

Re: Bill to legalize Sugar Gliders in Georgia - 01/31/09 07:37 PM

Be aware that gliders are not legal on base (anywhere). So you will have to live off base in order to keep them, assuming you are living in a legal state. Otherwise, Georgia law for owning sugar gliders are that you have to have USDA paperwork on them, which means you have to get every glider you own from a USDA licensed breeder/broker.

Re: Bill to legalize Sugar Gliders in Georgia - 05/04/09 01:46 AM

I just bought my suggie from a usda breeder. They are now legal in Georgia! I am so happy. I have my paperwork.
We are working on bonding now!
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL