GliderCENTRAL

Iowa restrictions question....

Posted By: Lindsay

Iowa restrictions question.... - 05/28/09 02:42 PM

Okay. So I went to the State Restrictions sticky and looked up Iowa. Here is what it says:

"Iowa regulations - Sugar Gliders are permitted so long as they are
obtained from a lawful source out-of-state. They must be kept in
captivity and not released into the wild. No permit is required."

So, here is my question. Does this mean you cannot buy a glider in Iowa from someone who lives in Iowa? confused

Was just a little confused on that part. dunno

Lindsay
Posted By: LSardou

Re: Iowa restrictions question.... - 05/29/09 01:14 AM

I would take that as their saying "in addition to". In other words, if you purchase or acquire from out of state, that state must be where sugar gliders are legal.
Posted By: Lindsay

Re: Iowa restrictions question.... - 05/29/09 12:55 PM

Okay, that is good and definately what I wanted to know. Thanks!

Lindsay
Posted By: Akane

Re: Iowa restrictions question.... - 09/27/09 07:07 AM

When I contacted fish and game a few years ago it was the breeding and selling of sugar gliders within the state that was restricted. I was told to obtain younger gliders that were bred with the purpose of selling I would have to get them from outside of the state. The selling or rehoming of older gliders was allowed and breeding in order to increase your colony by keeping the offspring was allowed. The glider must also come from a state that legally allows breeding. That may have changed since then or they may have been wrong. At first they had no idea what a sugar glider was and I had to give the scientific name for them to look it up. Then they gave me a number to call and ask if I needed a permit and what restrictions existed.

Since few expect you to keep proof around of where you got your gliders odds are it would never come up anyway.
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL