GliderCENTRAL

Questions about becoming certified in Wisconsin!

Posted By: Kozi

Questions about becoming certified in Wisconsin! - 01/14/10 08:35 AM

I was wondering if anyone knew vets in the Milwaukee area that would do the required inspection for applying for certification?

I've spoken to mine and they do not, I've also called a couple others and haven't found any luck yet.

Any information is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance guys!

Re: Questions about becoming certified in Wisconsin! - 01/22/10 03:41 AM

I take it no one in WI is licensed? ):
Posted By: StitchsMom

Re: Questions about becoming certified in Wisconsin! - 01/22/10 11:14 PM

I'm sorry you haven't gotten a response yet. I'm not familiar with your area or I'd offer more help. Have you checked out the vet database?

Re: Questions about becoming certified in Wisconsin! - 01/23/10 01:22 AM

Its ok, thanks! I've called at least ten vets near me and no one is willing to deal with exotics and the one or two who do mine included don't do that type of thing sadly.. ):
Posted By: tlc_in_chitown

Re: Questions about becoming certified in Wisconsin! - 08/17/10 05:01 AM

Wisconsin doesn't have laws regarding UDSA lic for breeding gliders yet. When I called last year, they said that they might in the future and were working on it. USDA regulates other animals, but not sugar gliders :-( When they change their laws, more vets may be willing to get on board. Does anyone know if there is even anyone who is a USDA licensed breeder in WI yet? I also would like to know if there have been any changes up there. Good Luck.
Posted By: wildlifeangel

Re: Questions about becoming certified in Wisconsin! - 08/17/10 05:14 AM

USDA is a federal licensing, it has nothing to do with the state. I know there are breeders in WI, and a couple I am fairly certian are licensed. Hopefully you will be able to find a vet that will assist you. Maybe the USDA will know of a vet that does the inspections?
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Questions about becoming certified in Wisconsin! - 08/17/10 07:13 AM

I work at the er for animals on hwy 100 in greenfield. We see exotics including suggies but since we are emergency the price is double what you would pay at a normal clinic. I know brookfalls animal clinic sees exotics as well you can try giving them a call:)
Posted By: snowbabygliders

Re: Questions about becoming certified in Wisconsin! - 08/17/10 09:09 AM

you may want to try to contact beckiT? I believe she is licensed?? or allie from http://wisconsinsugargliders.webs.com/
I believe she is working on it or just got licensed wink
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL