GliderCENTRAL

Traveling through illegal states with gliders?

Posted By: Anonymous

Traveling through illegal states with gliders? - 04/26/06 12:43 AM

I just got wondering about if you can travel through states with your gliders if they are illegal in that state? I'm curious cause in a few days I'm bringing my gliders down from NY to IL so I'll be going through for a short big, Ohio, Indiana, and then to IL. I got worrying that we might get pulled over and they take my babies away. I looked online to see if they were legal in IL and it said they were but am I able to bring them in the state without anything or do I need something?
Posted By: Dancing

Re: Traveling through illegal states with gliders? - 04/26/06 12:55 AM

They are not illegal in IL and you can travel through with them. You shouldn't have any problems on your trip. GA allows a 24 hour window to travel through but you can not stop for the night at a hotel with them. I'm not sure about the other illegal states.

Re: Traveling through illegal states with gliders? - 04/26/06 01:00 AM

Thanks for the quick response.

Re: Traveling through illegal states with gliders? - 05/04/06 11:39 PM

I'm sure glad you mention about not being able to stay in a motel in GA overnight. I'm leaving on Tuesday then returning on Wednesday for a business trip. Had planned on bring AM & PM for the company but I guess it will be a solo trip now.

Thanks for the info. I knew about the 24 hours window but not the hotel/motel.

Re: Traveling through illegal states with gliders? - 06/03/06 09:56 PM

Has it ever happened that someone staying overnight in a motel was inspected at checkout to make sure they don't have illegal gliders in their possession?

I'm in no way advocating breaking the law but sometimes I find that there are laws that border on being unenforceable in the real world.
Posted By: myangelbear77

Re: Traveling through illegal states with gliders? - 06/03/06 09:58 PM

From what I read they can be in the state while traveling for up to 24 hours as long as you notify the game commision...

Re: Traveling through illegal states with gliders? - 06/04/06 02:08 AM

You're good in Ohio ( : No worried there.
Unless there are parts I don't know about...???
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL