GliderCENTRAL

OHIO PART 2

Posted By: KarenE

OHIO PART 2 - 07/24/07 02:37 AM

OHIO PART 1
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: OHIO PART 2 - 08/03/07 05:31 PM

Kim- your little guy is toooo cute. I'm from CINCI OHIO if anyone has a glider they would like rescued or one for a good price please write me Yoda needs a cage buddy.

Re: OHIO PART 2 - 08/09/07 11:11 PM

Does anyone know of a good vet in Cincinnati? I work in Cincinnati, and looking for something close to where I work. The only one I could find is in Amelia, OH and that's a bit too far. I had an appointment with the vet in Fairfield but got a call today saying she wasn't going to be in. They're a bit expensive anyway so I cancelled. If I have to I'll take Peanut to the vet in Dayton but I'd really like to find somewhere in Cincinnati. So can anyone who lives in Cincinnati help me out?
Posted By: North_Nocturne

Re: OHIO PART 2 - 08/09/07 11:29 PM

Jessica-

I heard there's a vet at Mt. Lookout named Dr. Levitas who treats sugar gliders but I haven't really checked into that yet. I also heard that everything at that clinic is pretty expensive.

I thought I had a good vet here in Cincy but that all went horribly wrong. I'm going to call both Dr. Levitas and a vet I heard good things about in Dayton but I've been procrastinating about it.

FYI- There is a large animal clinic/surgery center called Colerain Animal Clinic on Colerain Avenue here in Cincinnati. They do have several vets on staff who will treat gliders and they are open 24/7 and have full ER facilities. I keep them in mind in case an urgent situation ever happens but for several reasons I won't ramble on about here I don't use them as a regular vet.
Posted By: Paula0442

Re: OHIO PART 2 - 08/10/07 03:06 PM

I'm close to St. Clairsville, OH most of the summers.

Re: OHIO PART 2 - 08/10/07 03:40 PM

I called the vet in Cincinnati, and he's on vacation until Monday. The receptionist said a wellness exam is $43.26 and the fecal float is $25 and the urine test is $30. No idea if that's accurate or not, but we're going to Dayton.

Re: OHIO PART 2 - 08/13/07 09:33 PM

don't go to the vet in amelia off beechmont.
they wanted to charge 250 for neutering him and then the vet said oh I've only done one other neuter on a glider and it went really bad. lol not going back there. He was very rough with my suggie and I knew more about gliders then he did so no luck there would highly recommend not going there.

Re: OHIO PART 2 - 08/13/07 10:00 PM

Thanks for the advice. We're going to the vet in Dayton on Friday since they're the cheapest. Speaking of neutering what's the aveage cost in Ohio for neutering? I'm almost afraid to call and get quotes.

Re: OHIO PART 2 - 08/17/07 03:04 PM

please write me and tell me how it goes I may have to go up to dayton i can't find any good ones around here. Let me know the price up there if you go. And if they have alot of experience with suggies i don't want anything bad to happen to my baby.

Re: OHIO PART 2 - 08/30/07 11:20 AM

I'm in Somerville which is next to Oxford (Home of Miami of Ohio University). Been reading where others are from and I'm near Hamilton, in between Dayton and Cincinnati, know where New Paris is, Miamisburg, Xenia and several others. My two gliders actually came from a girl in West Carrollton (which is right next to Miamisburg). Could use a heads up on a good and not horribly expensive vet - the girl said she thought there was one in Xenia and I've heard about one in Fairfield but don't know anything about them. Open to suggestions and willing to travel a little bit for a good vet.

Re: OHIO PART 2 - 08/30/07 11:34 AM

Welcome! My vet is in Kettering, South Dayton Vet., Dr. Brauer. I have only seen him twice, but was satisified. He did Apollo's neuter and that went well.

Re: OHIO PART 2 - 08/30/07 12:12 PM

Dr. Brauer is our vet too, the wellness exam, and tests are fairly cheap but the neutering seems a little expensive.

Re: OHIO PART 2 - 08/30/07 12:17 PM

Do you mind if I ask how much the neuter costs? I have two guys that need it done as soon as I can find a good vet and get the money together.

Re: OHIO PART 2 - 08/30/07 02:11 PM

When I spoke with the receptionist she said somewhere around $200 including pain meds,but couldn't give me an exact price.

Re: OHIO PART 2 - 09/03/07 07:23 PM

Yeah, the neutering ended up just under 200, but I was unable to find anywhere nearby that was any cheaper.

Re: OHIO PART 2 - 10/03/07 03:06 AM

Hi guys! New Ohioian here! I'm from Franklin, which is about 25 minutes south of Dayton, and about..30 minutes north of Cincinnati! So pretty much smack in the middle!

I've been doing my research on vets as well the past few days, and I found one in Cincinnati called Wyoming Animal Hospital (I can't spell the DRs name at ALL) and I haven't been there yet, but I called for price quotas and to just talk to see what they were like, and it's $45 for a wellness visit for the first glider, and $25 each additional glider. A neuter is also $85.

They seemed really friendly and pretty knowledgable.

Re: OHIO PART 2 - 10/06/07 11:19 AM

Im in cinci =D

Re: OHIO PART 2 - 10/27/07 10:24 PM

Hi
I am in Marion... glider
Posted By: PangolinsZoo

Re: OHIO PART 2 - 11/08/07 09:47 PM

I am in Columbus! (Near - but not too near - Ohio State)
Posted By: CharmedSuggies

Re: OHIO PART 2 - 11/24/07 08:20 PM

Hello hello! I just wanted to say hi from Ohio here. I find alot of good ads I could have taken advantage of but of course they were all in other states :o(. I feel so lonely with no connections or human glider friends here in ohio. Everyone here on GC seems so close like family and I feel like a stranger or unwanted guest. Maybe one day I can make it to a gathering and things might change. For now just wanted to say hi since I haven't found many Ohio glider people. There have been a few people who I have talked to in emails that have been really nice to me and helped me out and I thank them for that. I am pretty easy to get along with. I'm only 30 with so many serious health issues at such a young age I just don't know what to do anymore other than to just sometimes sit and cry my eyes out. I have found GC to be extremely helpful and informative, thank the lord!
I didn't mean for any of this to sound or be sad, some of it, I just need to get off my chest. There hasn't been much lately to be happy about though I'm trying not to think that way. That is why I'm not dumping my health issues on you guys because its not your problem. I have 2 gliders that own me for right now. My female is pregnant with twins, yay!! Her expected date is supposed to be Dec 1st so we will see. My female is Roxy and my male is Eddie and I love them both so much. I smother them with kisses so much they eventually start to push me away to breathe, lol. Anyway, love GC and enjoy being here. HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO EVERYONE!! BE SAFE AND TAKE CARE
Posted By: pebbles1975

Re: OHIO PART 2 - 11/24/07 08:31 PM

Welcome fellow Ohio'er ;-)

Re: OHIO PART 2 - 11/24/07 08:35 PM

Yay, another ohio person, lol HI

Re: OHIO PART 2 - 11/24/07 08:51 PM

Where in Ohio are you? You know there's another get together in Jan - mabye you could find someone fairly close to you that is going and you can ride share, that's what I did at the last one - it was my first time going and it was a really good time.

Re: OHIO PART 2 - 11/24/07 09:01 PM

I'm in boring old Fairborn, OH. I need to find out what the times are for that get together. My boyfriend might be able to take me and I know he would not mind going either, he loves our 2 alot and eddie is supposed to be his but eddie became a mommas boy, he he lol. If I can figure out the time we may not need to have a place to stay because we can probably just visit for awhile and then drive home but I can't find the post with the time and place.

Re: OHIO PART 2 - 11/24/07 09:35 PM

I'm in Waynesville, which is close to Xenia. Between Dayton and Cincinnati.

Re: OHIO PART 2 - 11/25/07 12:35 AM

I'm about an hour or so East of you. The get together is listed under Special Events in the Forum List. It's going to be Jan 26 around 11 a.m. It takes roughly 2 hrs to get there. The last one was held later in the day, so it was decided to have it a little earlier so that people could stay longer. Hope you can make it.

Re: OHIO PART 2 - 12/18/07 04:21 PM

Hi all. I'm from Saint Paris, Ohio. About 45 miles from Dayton and 2o miles from Springfield. I rescued 3 suggies about a year and a half ago. I haven't regretted a second of it either!!

Re: OHIO PART 2 - 12/18/07 05:37 PM

Welcome - I have 6 with 2 more on the way. Love every one of them although have to admit I'm a little more biased towards Bailey who is my newest and also the baby of the bunch. Maybe you can make it to the get together in Columbus on Jan 26 - lots of fun and lots of nice and knowledgeable people!
Posted By: Nikki

Re: OHIO PART 2 - 12/28/07 01:10 PM

Hello Im from northern ohio up by Ceder Point. I am hopping that I will be getting 4 gliders in the first part of next month. I have been reading and doing came across this website. I have to say this is a life saver. I know a little about the gliders that I will be getting. First they are a mated pair and their babies (1 boy and 1 girl). Second they are on a diet of fruits and veggies and something called glider icecream. at least that is what they called it. I was hoping that you could give me some pointers. If i find out anything more I will let you all know. Thanks,

Re: OHIO PART 2 - 12/28/07 02:22 PM

Hi Nikki! Never heard of glider ice cream, maybe its the ledbedder stuff, hmmm. Oh well, hopefully you will get to find out more about them. Glad you found this site, it really is a life saver. Every one on here is very nice and helpful. They can be very silly and funnly just like the suggies, lol. Whatever you do though, do be afraid to ask anything!! I am gonna do whatever I can to try and make that get together also.

Re: OHIO PART 2 - 12/28/07 02:49 PM

Thank you. I have heard about the get together. What is it all about. I dont know if i should go and meet all the people. It might help me out some. Also if anyone knows of any good sites to get different things for the gliders (pouches, food dishes ect...) also what do you all use for dishes. I know that i get everything but they have not really told me what all i am getting other than 4 gliders and 2 cages.

Re: OHIO PART 2 - 12/28/07 03:01 PM

The get together is just for suggie owners to get together and have fun make new friends see old ones etc.. This will be my first and looking forward to it. OMG there are sooo many sites to get suggie stuff. Here are a few:

http://www.cuddlecreationsbycheryl.com/
http://www.gliderdaydreams.com/
http://kryskritters.com/
http://www.suggiegym.com/
http://www.suzsugargliders.com/index.htm
http://www.thesugargliderstore.com/index.html
http://www.toandfrogliders.com/
http://www.freewebs.com/gliderlove1/

Here are a few to start with. Pouches, cages/reptariums, foods/supplies, toys, helpful tips and hints on suz's site. I have ordered from at least all of these vendors and they are all great vendors with great products that are safe for suggies and the suggies love them. Let me know if you need anymore sites and what other specific items your are looking for and I will do what I can for you, just either PM me or email me @ suggiemom@sbcglobal.net

I remember when I was first time suggie owner and had little knowledge and experience so I will do what I can to help you out hug2

Re: OHIO PART 2 - 12/28/07 03:04 PM

The get together is really fun - I went to my first one in Oct and plan to go to the next one next month - it's nice to put a face with a screen name and I made a couple of really good friends - plus it's a chance to bring your babies and show them off if you want and you can ask any and all questions you can think of and get answers/help right there. As for places to get things - if you go into forum lists and then go down to classifieds you will find tons of people sell things they make on here. You can also go to Suggiebay and bid on things there (kind of like ebay for sugar gliders) - welcome and good luck with your babies when you get them.

ps - as for good bowls, there are a lot of different ones out there, I personally like the little ceramic crocks but a lot of people use the metal/plastic kind that clip on the side of the cage too - just needs to either be heavy or stable enough that they can't drag it all over the place.

Re: OHIO PART 2 - 12/28/07 10:24 PM

Thank you for the information. I am hoping that I will be getting my gliders soon. I do have one more question. The person that I will be getting the gliders from said that they do not take pictures of the gliders for fear that the flash will hurt them is this true? Thanks again

Re: OHIO PART 2 - 12/29/07 01:58 PM

Yes, its like sitting in a dark room yourself and someone taking a pic of you with the flash, it hurts right. You can take pics just don't use the flash, use the light in the room. You may have to wait until after you and your suggies are bonded to try this. You will have to see how your suggies are with light also. Some poeple on here say their suggies hate even the slightest bit of light and will hide, mine don't mind the light they just aren't very active in it. But after being bonded you want to start out slowly with a dim light first and slowly work your way up with brightening the light.

Posted By: petsugargliders

Re: OHIO PART 2 - 12/30/07 03:19 AM

Originally Posted By: CharmedSuggies
You can take pics just don't use the flash, use the light in the room.

Photos can be taken of your sugar gliders with the flash without harming their eyes. I wouldn't say go all out with a 2 hour flash photo shoot, but a few photos will not hurt them at all.

Re: OHIO PART 2 - 01/26/08 03:29 PM

Hi everyone! I'm from Dayton. wave
Posted By: Candy

Re: OHIO PART 2 - 01/26/08 08:35 PM

Welcome to GC fellow Ohioian.
It's been awhile since I've navigated to this part of the board and WOW! So many Ohio owners!

Re: OHIO PART 2 - 01/28/08 02:02 PM

Hello Sonrisa!
Welcome to GC!!! I'm 20 mins from Dayton and also Xenia Candy! Glad to have you here at GC.

Re: OHIO PART 2 - 01/28/08 10:40 PM

thanks! i love this website. I've been reading posts on it for a few weeks now and I have learned a lot of new stuff!

Re: OHIO PART 2 - 01/30/08 02:55 PM

What part of ohio are you from?

Re: OHIO PART 2 - 02/16/08 01:46 PM

I'd like to get this started again and see how many newbies there are now that may be from Ohio.

Re: OHIO PART 2 - 03/18/08 08:07 PM

Hi, I'm from Covington (10 minutes West of Troy/30 min North of Dayton) Any Vet recommendations? I/we don't have suggies yet, just doing all our research first!

Thanks,
Laura

Re: OHIO PART 2 - 03/18/08 08:10 PM

Hello Laura!

I go to Dayton South Vet and love it there but I don't know how far you want to travel for a vet. Here is a list to look at but you have to make sure the vet is an exotics vet or they will not know how to treat gliders properly.

http://www.loveablepocketpets.com/veterinarians.htm#Ohio

Re: OHIO PART 2 - 03/23/08 12:42 AM

Ooh, you are close to me. I'm in Ottawa, which is a little over an hour North of you smile

Re: OHIO PART 2 - 03/23/08 01:17 AM

Wow, can't believe I have found so many people close to me, YAY!!!!
Posted By: Donnarae

Re: OHIO PART 2 - 05/05/08 10:34 PM

Deerfield, Ohio here. I've been a slave to my 2 suggies since March. They are coming along nicely, getting more spoiled every day. I found a great VET in Kent, Dr Marietta. She owns sugar gliders herself and was amazing with my girl when she had a respiratory infection.

Re: OHIO PART 2 - 05/05/08 10:58 PM

Hi Donnarae & Bob! That's awesome that you have a vet who also owns gliders!
Posted By: Paula0442

Re: OHIO PART 2 - 05/19/08 04:19 PM

Is there anyone from the St. Clairville area yet?

Re: OHIO PART 2 - 05/25/08 08:52 PM

Hello fellow Ohioian glider parents from Toledo, Ohio

Re: OHIO PART 2 - 05/25/08 10:45 PM

Hello Thalia!
Fairborn Ohio here about 20 mins from Dayton just incase you didn't know.

Re: OHIO PART 2 - 05/25/08 11:31 PM

Hi!
I'm in Washington Court House Ohio. I have 4 sugar gliders and just wanted to say HI.

Re: OHIO PART 2 - 05/25/08 11:49 PM

Hello Littlecritters!

Re: OHIO PART 2 - 05/26/08 04:49 AM

hi everyone im from dayton centerville actually

Re: OHIO PART 2 - 05/26/08 11:53 AM

Hello! alright another close suggie owned person!

Re: OHIO PART 2 - 06/03/08 09:15 PM

Hey all I am from Dayton, Ohio! Just wanted to say HI laugh
Posted By: mylittleshadow

Re: OHIO PART 2 - 06/08/08 04:19 PM

Hello,
Middletown Ohio here.

Re: OHIO PART 2 - 06/20/08 01:07 AM

Hi all I'm from Euclid, right outside of Cleveland. I got Gizmo last month he gets neutered in two weeks and now I'm looking for a female to calm him down.

Re: OHIO PART 2 - 06/26/08 04:04 AM

Hi Patricia!! We're practically neighbors. smile Welcome!

Re: OHIO PART 2 - 06/28/08 03:05 AM

im in west Chester, cinci

Re: OHIO PART 2 - 08/15/08 11:08 PM

Was located in Phoenix az just moved to dayton area. not having much luck in finding supplies for my little guys anyone out there got any local places that they use?

Re: OHIO PART 2 - 08/15/08 11:56 PM

What kind of supplies are you looking for? Petsmart and Superpetz are good places to find things.

Re: OHIO PART 2 - 08/16/08 12:10 AM

welcome to OHIO

Re: OHIO PART 2 - 08/16/08 12:29 AM

staple food pellets mainly. think i will just order online from suncoast. other than that was just seeing where the best places were to go for treats toys and stuff like that. doesnt seem like there is much around here for them.

Re: OHIO PART 2 - 08/16/08 02:35 AM

where is this going to tale place at

Re: OHIO PART 2 - 09/10/08 10:50 PM

i am also in cincinnati ohio, well northern ky..
hopefully someone drops off of the ohio get together so i can go
i am really interested in meeting other sugar glider owners in my area
i don't know anyone else that owns them and i have had my one pair for over a year
i also have a rescue and a newer baby.

i would love to get together and maybe become friends with some other suggie owners.
people laugh at me when i get excited talking about my sugar gliders when people ask me about them ha

Re: OHIO PART 2 - 09/10/08 11:02 PM

i am also in cincinnati ohio, well northern ky..
hopefully someone drops off of the ohio get together so i can go
i am really interested in meeting other sugar glider owners in my area
i don't know anyone else that owns them and i have had my one pair for over a year
i also have a rescue and a newer baby.

i would love to get together and maybe become friends with some other suggie owners.
people laugh at me when i get excited talking about my sugar gliders when people ask me about them ha
Posted By: GliderNursery

Re: OHIO PART 2 - 10/05/08 03:49 PM

Just found this list. I'm in north central Ohio, about 45 minutes west of Cleveland.
Posted By: Guerita135

Re: OHIO PART 2 - 10/22/08 10:50 PM

We finally moved and are now in the cornfields of Northest Ohio! dance
Posted By: sugarglidersuz

Re: OHIO PART 2 - 10/22/08 11:02 PM

Really?!? Where, where?!? I've gotta know how close we are now! Are you coming to the gathering on Nov 1st?

Re: OHIO PART 2 - 10/23/08 01:18 PM

Yes Nicole, I wanna know too!! lol

Re: OHIO PART 2 - 10/23/08 01:25 PM

yes Nicole please come visit us at the get together.
Posted By: Teresa

Re: OHIO PART 2 - 10/27/08 12:38 PM

I just found this thread,I am very close to Middletown,Ohio. Between Cincinnati /Dayton.

Re: OHIO PART 2 - 11/17/08 03:45 AM

Hey everyone,

Here in the Youngstown, Ohio area
just received a male glider to go with our female, under isolation for 30 days to make sure everyone is okay

Let us know if you are interested in our truly lovabley babies, not sure if this is something we want to start

Love our gliders to the end other then children the most inportant part of life

Re: OHIO PART 2 - 11/17/08 02:21 PM

Originally Posted By: annai
Let us know if you are interested in our truly lovabley babies, not sure if this is something we want to start

Are you talking about owning gliders? Not sure what that part means?

Re: OHIO PART 2 - 12/02/08 01:27 PM

Just looked at this topic. I'm in the canfield--youngstown area, have to gliders boy and girl.

sugar grammie

Re: OHIO PART 2 - 12/18/08 07:57 PM

Derek - Hello everyone. I live in Ohio in Tuscarawas county (south of Akron/Canton). I currently do not have a Sugar Glider, although I'm researching about them and planning on buying one in the future. Does anyone know of any good breeders in Ohio. Any information would be helpful.

Thanks and see you all around,

Re: OHIO PART 2 - 12/18/08 08:08 PM

Hello Derek!

Welcome and I think it's great how you are doing your research first. Be careful, when you get your fist glider/s they will make you want more, lol.

Sent you a PM by the way!

Re: OHIO PART 2 - 12/22/08 04:51 AM

I'm from Beavercreek, OH! Not too far from Dayton. smile

Re: OHIO PART 2 - 12/22/08 01:13 PM

Lindsy, hi there! That is awesome, i'm in Fairborn, only 20 mins from Beavercreek. Wow, its pretty cool to have someone so close!

Re: OHIO PART 2 - 01/08/09 01:07 AM

I live in Charleston WV but I am from Canton Ohio. I am in ohio every two weeks at my moms in Robertsville Ohio. I know Akron pretty well too.

Re: OHIO PART 2 - 01/08/09 01:35 AM

Hello Crockett! I have no idea where around Robertsville is located in Ohio but welcome!
Posted By: Teresa

Re: OHIO PART 2 - 01/08/09 10:16 AM

There seems to be a lot us us Ohioans, We need to get together one weekend and make some things. My house is open. agree

Re: OHIO PART 2 - 01/08/09 01:59 PM

Where in Ohio are you at again Teresa?

Re: OHIO PART 2 - 01/09/09 04:35 AM

Robertsville is near east canton

Re: OHIO PART 2 - 01/09/09 01:04 PM

ok, I see now, thankyou

Re: OHIO PART 2 - 03/11/09 03:22 AM

Mansfield Ohio here

Re: OHIO PART 2 - 03/11/09 12:02 PM

Hello TeresaAnn!

Re: OHIO PART 2 - 03/11/09 03:52 PM

I'm from streetsboro, about 30 miles se of cleveland, and I wish I knew about all of you when I had my glider.....
Posted By: Donetta

Re: OHIO PART 2 - 03/16/09 04:01 AM

I am from Bainbridge, Ohio just a few miles from Chillicothe, Ohio
Posted By: DeeDancer

Re: OHIO PART 2 - 03/16/09 05:36 AM

Hmm I'm not sure how I missed this thread until now, but I'm from Columbus, Ohio wave

Re: OHIO PART 2 - 03/16/09 12:58 PM

dance Woo Hoo, lots of OH people!! That is great to see.

HELLO wave everyone, glad to see so many Ohioans!!!!

Re: OHIO PART 2 - 05/17/09 08:40 AM

Columbus Ohio here. Just got my first Gliders.

Sweetest [censored]' animals ever.

I was nervous that they would be nippy or crazy but they have been very timid.

The female only nipped at me once, but she was sure to lick my finger back to perfect health. haha

BTW does anyone know a good recipe for Glider cubes? The recipe that the owners gave to me doesn't seem to sit well with either gliders. They wont touch it. pm me if you have anything good!.

Re: OHIO PART 2 - 05/17/09 11:43 AM

Hey there! I'm about an hour away from Columbus. Welcome to GC and the wonderful world of suggies!!

Oh, they can still be crazy, lol, but in the cutest ways.

Re: OHIO PART 2 - 05/17/09 11:46 AM

Daniel sent you a PM!

Re: OHIO PART 2 - 06/19/09 04:19 AM

Well I am very surprised to see so many people from ohio lol I am in new phila/dover area, just south of canton. Anyone close to there? Has anyone been to the Hartville Vet clinic? they are listed in the database on here and was just curious as to any personal opinions
Posted By: Donnarae

Re: OHIO PART 2 - 07/10/09 07:01 AM

Hi, I'm from Deerfield. That's Northeast of Canton. I haven't been to that vet, but they are on my list just-in-case. I go to one in Kent. She's great. She's got 3 gliders and one is a bad SM'er. I've got 6 gliders now. The two youngest joeys just went to their forever home and are really happy. All of my males are now neutered and I really miss the joeys.

Hope to meet you at one of the gatherings.

Re: OHIO PART 2 - 08/15/09 05:39 AM

i am from Cincinnati the Anderson Township area.

any good vet options for me?
Posted By: sugarglidersuz

Re: OHIO PART 2 - 08/15/09 11:47 AM

:welcome: There are several of our members who live in the Cincinnati area, but I don't know which vet(s) they use. There are a few listed in GC's Vet Database for Ohio. Hopefully this will help you out.
Posted By: sugarlope

Re: OHIO PART 2 - 08/15/09 06:09 PM

Read Part 3
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL