GliderCENTRAL

NEW YORK - PART 2

Posted By: sugarlope

NEW YORK - PART 2 - 11/20/07 08:52 PM

Read Part I
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 12/29/07 02:12 PM

Seems a little quiet here in NY!! Im in the Rochester area and rescued my first glider about a month ago! I've heard that Story Book farm in Victor is good with suggies. I went to Fairport for my first visit,but the original Doctor who had experience left due to illness...I wasn't too impressed with the lady there...

I'm going back to school to become a Vet. Tech, so it would be awesome to find a vet who sees suggies so I can get some medical experience with them too!

Hope to hear from some locals soon!
Posted By: krysKritters

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 12/29/07 04:59 PM

It a little far for you but Dr Don Factor at West End VEt in Newburgh NY is AMAZING with the gliders. I've been taking my gliders to him for years! and he also teaches the vet students about exotics.

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 02/02/08 12:11 AM

Does anyone know a vet towards Long Island?

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 02/02/08 01:08 AM

what part of long island. I know that a drive from one side to the other is a LOONNNGG trip

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 02/02/08 01:10 AM

I found the veterinary medical center of long island.. its in West Islip, NY

They seem to be an AWESOME choice. they are 24 hours but have a regular vet and they specialize in avian and exotics..

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 02/02/08 01:13 AM

Long Island Veterinary clinic in Islip website

here's another

advanced avian and exotics veterinary
its in White Plains, Bedford Hills, and NYC

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 02/02/08 01:29 AM

thanks for the info....our vet just moved out of state

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 02/06/08 04:54 AM

I am a New Yorker... Saratoga Springs! New mom to 2 suggies!!
Posted By: bethanyg

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 02/19/08 01:01 AM

So who here is from central New York?

I'm live in Herkimer County ( crazy blah)

agree

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 03/29/08 07:49 PM

From Nassau County, NY.

smile

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 03/29/08 07:59 PM

i am a new yorker in hudson valley area.Hoping to adopt suggies soon.
Posted By: LSardou

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 03/29/08 08:16 PM

wave WELCOME to GliderCENTRAL!!! Please take the time to visit our forums, where you will find tons of wonderful information and get to know us here!
Good Luck with finding your babies!!!

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 04/14/08 03:17 AM

Hi my name is Danielle. I live in Batavia, NY.
Posted By: Snoopurr

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 05/03/08 12:06 AM

I'm from Long Beach, NY and looking for my first sugar glider(s) preferably female.

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 05/03/08 01:26 AM

Hi Long Beach......Amityville here....welcome to glider central, you will find a great source of information here as well as an amazing community.....after researching these amazing creatures, if you think they are still right for you, then you can start to check out the classified or rescue links above.....however, be prepared to answer tons of questions before bringing glider into your life

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 06/02/08 01:57 AM

Not sure why I never posted here... so I'm doing it now!

I'm from Albany, NY and have lived here almost all my life. I've also been looking for a good sugar glider knowledgeable vet in my area but haven't had any luck yet (found one that would look at them, but really doesn't know much, and even admitted it). Anybody out my way know of one?

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 07/07/08 02:46 AM

I'm in Troy. Also looking for a glider vet in my area.

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 07/29/08 04:46 PM

HI all I'm in Solvay, NY. I have not had any luck finding a Vet that will accept sugar gliders. Any suggestions?
Posted By: Kiiru

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 07/29/08 04:57 PM

Originally Posted By: kmsred
HI all I'm in Solvay, NY. I have not had any luck finding a Vet that will accept sugar gliders. Any suggestions?

Another closey. 0.o Have you tried these guys yet?
http://www.mattydaleah.com/home/
They told me that a basic check-up for 1 sug is $32 and it's appointment only. I haven't been there yet so I dunno how they are...

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 07/30/08 07:55 PM

i'm near Niagara Falls & we have 2 excellent vets here within a 30 min drive so i am very lucky..its pretty sparce where u guys are so gl finding some1 good,,,try asking glidergirl1513 from here...shes in Rochester.. maybe she knows some1 out your way

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 08/05/08 03:14 PM

Hey I'm in Rochester, NY at the moment and will be moving near Binghamton in September! Still looking for my first couple sugar gliders.

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 08/06/08 12:41 PM

I seem to have found a breeder named Dawn who lives in Buffalo, NY. If not Buffalo, it's Rochester. Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone in the area has purchased from her or if you can tell me if she is a reputable breeder. Thanks!

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 08/06/08 01:17 PM

Mike-I have spent a lot of time talking to Dawn as she is interested in two of my girls.....she seems very caring and knowledgeable about her gliders.....and it sounds like her guys are spoiled rotten......She is also a member here which is one of the first things I look for in anyone interested in obtaining a glider from me.....

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 08/06/08 02:57 PM

Awesome. That's good to hear. Thanks Elizabeth and/or Bill!
smile

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 08/06/08 04:50 PM

Hi all. I'm in the Ithaca area, and just got my first glider a couple weeks ago, with a second one coming in a week and a half.

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 08/06/08 05:04 PM

Hi Mark! Welcome! I'm in Rochester, then to Endicott soon. I hope everything is going well with your gliders. You've found a great reference for everything sugar gliders.

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 08/06/08 05:51 PM

Originally Posted By: sabretooth91
Hi Mark! Welcome! I'm in Rochester, then to Endicott soon. I hope everything is going well with your gliders. You've found a great reference for everything sugar gliders.

Hi Mike! It looks like we registered on the same day. Yes, I've already learned a lot from reading through posts here, and got some good advice already on the bonding process. I hope your move goes well.
Posted By: ozzi

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 08/06/08 06:29 PM

Originally Posted By: nicxtk
From Nassau County, NY.

smile

I grew up in East Meadow (Nassau County, L.I., NY) agree

Pat

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 08/06/08 09:03 PM

Mike...it's Elizabeth.....Bill hardly ever comes on here and as per the rules....he has to say when it is him.,......lol....Pat.....I worked at the Nassau County Med Center for over 9 years and loved my little apt in East meadow.....

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 08/27/08 12:03 PM

Hi all...

I was just surfing around. Imagine my surprise to see Mike recently moved to my town! Near enough, anyway. I'm outside Endicott, but my hubby's store is in town.

Welcome to the area. smile

Anyone else from the Southern Tier?

Rejoicing in the day,
-Mary
Posted By: glidergrl1513

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 08/27/08 12:48 PM

wave Nope, but I do play a volleyball tournament in the Southern Tier every year. laugh And I have family in the area.
Posted By: Amos77

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 10/22/08 12:52 AM

Western New York - Got my first 2 in Virginia Beach.

- Buju & Edison "Eddie" (3 1/2yrs old mating pair)
- Foxy lil Lulu (2yrs old) is expecting*
- Scoop & Davey* ( 3yr old Brothers )Davey is daddy^
- Secret ( Buju & Eddie's first joey )
- Lazy Bones Jone & ______ (Buju's 2 OOP boys)

I did my homework prior to adopting Gliders, I'm far from perfect but I know of Vets/food venders in WNY area along with Care and bonding.

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 12/10/08 11:58 AM

hi everyone in new york i'm in the elmira/corning area town called big flats we have had our suger glider for almost three weeks now (little roo)

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 12/10/08 01:19 PM

Hi!
Syracuse here!! I got my girls in August. Love em' to death!!
Michelle

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 12/10/08 01:24 PM

Hi!
I am trying the vet in Mattydale next week. I can let you know how it goes!
Michelle

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 12/10/08 02:04 PM

Buffalo area. Up to 5 suggies now! Wow, they grow up so quickly. Just got 3 of my 4 males fixed. Vet was cheap and nooo complications. Love my little guys to death. Took off work since early October to spend as much time as possible with them!!

heart

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 12/10/08 09:40 PM

Originally Posted By: kylie
hi everyone in new york i'm in the elmira/corning area town called big flats we have had our suger glider for almost three weeks now (little roo)

I'm hoping to move to Elmira next year. laugh
Posted By: GliderFun

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 12/10/08 10:17 PM

Rochester Ny here. Moved here about a year ago from Arizona (lived there for 2 years) and moved to Arizona from Long island born and raised there.

Rescued my first suggies in Arizona and brought them with me and now have many more :-)
There are a few vets in my area that treat gliders. Cats and critters is one of the main ones but is WAYYY over priced. They charge upwards of 300.00+ per male for neuter. Vet visits (just walking in the door) costs 50.00.

Cornell University treats gliders and their neuter is about 105 per glider and there are a few closer to me.

One day I took 2-3 hours and took a phone book and wrote a list of all vets in the area and called them all to see who treats gliders and how much the neuter is at each vet.

It's so cool to find so many of you right in my backyard. :-)

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 12/11/08 12:11 AM

Originally Posted By: GliderFun

There are a few vets in my area that treat gliders. Cats and critters is one of the main ones but is WAYYY over priced. They charge upwards of 300.00+ per male for neuter. Vet visits (just walking in the door) costs 50.00.

Really? They quoted me $150 for a neuter. Do you know of any other ones in the area? Other than Story Book Farm - I can't stand them there.

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 12/11/08 01:11 AM

Hi all! I'm in Brooklyn, NY. I'm actually hoping to find another suggie lover to babysit my boys while we're away. Does anyone live in the NYC area? I'd love to chat! Thanks!

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 01/29/09 01:51 AM

hey everyone! I'm in Binghamton smile Just adopted my first suggie a few days ago and looking for any good resources/vets around the area.. or even getting to know people!

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 01/29/09 02:05 AM

wave WELCOME to GliderCENTRAL! CONGRATULATIONS on your new family addition. Here is a link to the NY section in our Vet Database. Hopefully you will be able to locate one through there. If not, you may also post in our Glider Talk & Traveling Forum to see if anyone will suggest a vet there.
NY Vet Listings

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 01/29/09 04:05 AM

Originally Posted By: shar0na
hey everyone! I'm in Binghamton smile Just adopted my first suggie a few days ago and looking for any good resources/vets around the area.. or even getting to know people!

Hi Sharona. I'm in the Ithaca area, and just got my first two gliders several months ago. If you have trouble finding vets in Binghamton and don't mind an hour's drive, the Companion Animal Hospital here at Cornell University handles gliders, as part of their exotic pets department. Mine received their initial exams and neutering, and I was quite happy with their service. The exam and neutering was a flat rate of $100.

Have fun with your new suggie!
Posted By: Gossamer

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 01/29/09 11:13 AM

Originally Posted By: Stevie
Hi all! I'm in Brooklyn, NY. I'm actually hoping to find another suggie lover to babysit my boys while we're away. Does anyone live in the NYC area? I'd love to chat! Thanks!

Hey Stevie - Gliders are illegal in Brooklyn - you might not want to advertise where you are from.

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 03/02/09 06:38 AM

Wow, had no idea there were so many from NY on here. I'm from solvay/syracuse area myself but am in buffalo half of the year.

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 03/02/09 10:09 AM

hi and welcome you will love it here also i'm in the making of a glider gathering in aug i found a place to hold it finally can i add you to the list

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 03/23/09 11:57 PM

Good evening fellow New Yorkers. I'm a newbie here. I currently live in Greenville, NY, a small town about 30 miles south of Albany on Route 32, just north of the Catskill Mountains. I moved here two years ago from a suburb of Albany County when I married for the second time around.

I am so glad to have found this message board. It's so good to get info and read stories from real people in real time.

At this time, I don't have a glider but hopefully by late spring or early summer the time will be right, and I will seriously consider adopting a rescued glider. I'll check back on this board often to see if anybody within a reasonable distance (up to 200 miles or so) has a glider in need.
Posted By: Nimue

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 05/10/09 12:04 AM

Hey I am in Bergen County, NJ. I'd love to meet up with some of you. I have been hoping to get gliders for a while now and I attended the NorthEast and Beyond gathering last year but it was hard for me to tell if I had a mild allergic reaction to the gliders. I have a lot of animal allergies so I'd like to test myself a few more times before I commit to being a glider momma. If I could meet up with some of you that would be awesome! Please PM me if you are in northern NJ or NYC or Rockland county, NY.

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 07/22/09 05:29 PM

Hello all I'm in the bronx ;) I saw there was a vet in white plains that's cool. I'm going to school to be a vet tech so hopefully whereever I go to work, ill see if we can introduce exotics wink

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 07/22/09 05:31 PM

Hello stevie! I live in the bronx wink

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 07/22/09 06:15 PM

[censored], i just looked it up and both species i wanted sugar gliders and ferrets are illegal in the 5 boroughs. it sucks but in all reality it makes sense. i dont know where ill be in the future, maybe ill move upstate wink
Posted By: Winkle

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 11/10/09 12:40 AM

Hello New Yorkers, im from Australia, but im looking at visiting New York City in January or February 2010.

Not sure if im going with someone yet, but i dont know if ill go if i have to go alone. bit nervous about NYC alone.
Posted By: heidi

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 11/27/09 03:03 AM

in the hudson vally,was looking for a breeder near albany,binghamton,or elmira

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 11/28/09 10:19 PM

- east meadow, cant find a breeder on long island!!

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 11/29/09 05:48 PM

We will breed ours eventually. we will be getting 3 young joeys (all males) on Fri. We will get the females early next year. So it will be awhile before we have any babies.

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 12/05/09 10:28 PM

Utica area here. 3 males ages 5yrs, 4 yrs, and 11 months.
Posted By: mnighttwilight

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 02/11/10 12:44 AM

I'm from Schenectady, NY (about half an hour from Albany).

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 02/11/10 01:28 AM

wave WELCOME to GliderCENTRAL! Schenectady, NY! I lived up in Albany, NY for over 22 years! I have some 'good friends' that live in Schenectady!! I'm hoping to get home to visit this Spring or early summer.

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 02/11/10 02:40 AM

welcome welcome new yorkers!!!!!!!!!!!its great to hear we have sugie slaves up here

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 02/17/10 03:25 PM

we are finaly growing in numbers up here in new york.....we will have to do a get together..........im sooooo glad we are not so few and far between anymore

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 02/21/10 07:07 PM

i did one last year and only had one couple came(aimee_k and her husband troy) i would love to have another but i would like alot more people to come pm me if you intrested and leave your email so i can get ahold of people and give me a idea on when would be a good time to have it

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 02/23/10 01:45 AM

Columbia County Ny

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 02/23/10 02:18 AM

Your not to far from us. We are just across the Hudson River in Catskill..

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 02/23/10 07:34 PM

michelle - i work in syracuse live about 30 miles east- how was vet in mattydale- i am looking for a suger glider vet - ny dog vet is a great country farm vet so i dont think he'd be into gliders

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 03/17/10 10:41 PM

my vet is in New Hartford I use them for my dogs and Suggies if you want the info pm me:0)

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 03/17/10 11:30 PM

518-434-2115 centural vet-albany,ny dr.krous

518-583-0609 upstate animal medical center- seratoga springs

i have three local vets but these are my emergency vets they are up your way....im in the hudson vally....so i did not want my emergency vets more than an hour away.they both take domestic and exsotic animals...dr krous is verry nice,never useded.but did the meet and great with my boys

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 03/18/10 11:13 AM

thats not bad distance for me - someone else also told me of one in new hartford- im about half way between both so perhaps i will speak to both places - if anyone checks this one out let me know

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 03/18/10 11:17 AM

where are you planning on holding your get together- tucker and i would love to come- i am located between syracuse and utica
Posted By: tammyangel

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 03/21/10 04:54 PM

Wondering if anyone in New york has taken their babies to this vet at the Jefferson Animal Hospital .A lady took her two new gliders into see a lady vet at this hospital .She was okay until the vet asked her if she would be bringing them back to get their teeth floated.And all tho she and her husband were new to the world of gliders they knew that this should not be done. So if anyone in this area can tell us about a great vet to recommend to them that would be great.

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 05/04/10 03:27 AM

Hey all you New Yorkers!! i originally from Queens but i moved upstate to utica!

ill soon be expecting my suggies by june 10th

platinumweims i PMed you about the vet =)

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 05/13/10 08:16 PM

Hi Guys! I'm new =) I have two beautiful babies, Choo choo bear and Pookie <3 I'm in suffolk, NY but originally from Westchester =)

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 05/13/10 09:01 PM

welcome new york gathering on aug 7th more info under forums tap then glider communty to special events look for new york gathering hope you can come

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 06/15/10 11:56 PM

Hello, I'm new as well.

I'm in Suffolk.
Posted By: CFQTpye

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 07/11/10 12:47 AM

Long Island New Yorker here. Suffolk County.

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 07/13/10 03:57 AM

Hey! I'm Kat. From Syracuse NY!
Yay for NY!

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 07/13/10 04:16 PM

Another one is in Liverpool. Close to mattydale.
Liverpool animal hospital, i havent contacted them but i was told there.

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 09/04/10 02:35 AM

Hi,

I'm in Saugerties, NY, about 45 min. south of Albany and right next to Woodstock.

I got my first Sugar Glider, Momo, in June 2010 and my second baby is coming into Albany Airport from Florida tomorrow night!

I found a vet in Lake Katrine, NY that has someone there every other Thursday night that treats Sugar Gliders. I was told of another vet in West Hurley that might treat Sugar Gliders and there's a vet that's already been mentioned in Newburgh, NY that also treats Gliders.

Thanks for sharing!

~Willow

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 09/04/10 03:18 AM

Hi Willow,
You are very close to us, we are in Catskill, but we live very close to the Saugerties border..
We have 8 gliders!!

Tom & Heidi

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 09/24/10 12:09 PM

Hi, I'm new to the Sugar world.

I am in Albany, NY. The Dr. Kraus mentioned above, is located on Central Av. in Albany. She only works part time. Nights and Saturday. Sounds good for the working family, but they charge $85.00 for the first 1/2 hour visit. If you have questions to bring it over that time, look out! Also, they were not able to answer me on how much it costs to neuter. Claims they don't do it, she hesitated, and continued with, "very often."

I use Dr. Ed Becker at The Animal Hospital in Guilderland. His website is very informative. www.theanimalhospial.com

Both Dr. Becker (Guilderland) and Dr. Lucas (Saratoga Springs) charge $52 - $54 per general visit. Both charge $180-$189. for neutering.

Both have an emergency backup hospital that will contact your vet in an emergency.

Hope this helps.
Posted By: ShazMom

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 11/17/10 09:03 AM

Originally Posted By: JenQ

Hey!

I am originally from Saratoga Springs! Born and raised there!

I live in Fort Edward, NY now. Near Lake George!

Nice to know that there is someone nearby!

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 11/17/10 09:07 AM

Hey Brian!

I am from Fort Edward, NY. I take my suggies to the Upstate Animal Medical Center in Saratoga Springs. Dr. Joy Lucas specializes in exotics. Especially Avian and Suggies!

You can google her info online. She is located on 415 Maple Ave, Saratoga Springs, NY.
I work in Albany!
It is about 35 minutes from exit 4 on the northway. PM me if you need info!
Posted By: WintersSong

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 11/17/10 09:37 AM

Dr. Lucas is good. I use, and thus far, I've been very happy with her.

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 11/18/10 12:05 AM

batavia ny!!! near buffalo ny smile good to see a lot of people from upstate ny (western ny) fantasitc!

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 12/06/10 08:28 PM

We're fairly new to this site and from Albany, NY ourselves. Great to see people fairly close to us. We actually just had the Sugar Bears/Pocket Pets people show up at our malls, they ended up getting a few people to purchase but since we were there we voiced our own opinions on what suggie care was all about. Turns out less people bought because they realized these are the easy pets Pocket Pets people say they are. Plus, these people selling them didn't even know what pelt color their "personal pets" were. Oie, breeding mills drive me nuts.
Posted By: Dani_D

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 01/17/11 11:17 PM

Just wanted to stop in for role-call! Were from the Hudson Valley! (close to the CT border)

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 01/18/11 12:08 AM

Dani You are in my area!!! I am in Hudson Valley to! Where are you? I am between Newburgh & New Paltz...

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 01/18/11 01:54 AM

You aren't to far from us either!!! We went to KrysKritters for a visit..

Heidi

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 01/18/11 05:00 AM

I am in Holmes... right outside of Pawling. I went to college in Newburgh, so I'm very familiar with your area! I actually checked out your website before! You have some very nice stuff. We may have to come by for a visit soon! smile

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 01/18/11 01:37 PM

Thank you, I love meeting new people! We are "under construction" right now... building an addition onto our home (I'm gonna get my own glider room! dance ) but we are almost finished... so we are a little all over the place.

You me and Heidi can have our own Mini get to gether this summer. LOL

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 01/18/11 04:29 PM

LOL!!! We need a good baby sitter for all 9 fuzzbutts!!! lol
A get together sounds good!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 01/18/11 06:02 PM

haha! that sounds great! I was looking through the calendar, and there are no "get-togethers" in the NY area! That's great that you will soon have your own glider room! Congrats!

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 01/18/11 06:38 PM

there is usually a get together in bighamton ny it is a great plase ..we had so much un last year...i can not wait for this year get together.....
Posted By: SaraSmile

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 01/18/11 11:05 PM

I'm always in for a gathering in NY but I always forget to check here. shakehead Keep me updated and in the loop - has fuzzbutts, will travel!

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 01/19/11 12:10 AM

2 Human kids, kylie,tyler
1 crested gecko, gator
1 parakeet, churp
2 ferret,gizmo,koda(thier my daughters)
10 gliders
sydney
little roo,kanga
sweetie,stitch,
willow,widget
xd,xander,foster

'kyle" gc user name usually holds a ny glider gathering let me tell you its tun of fun and verry nice for everyone

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 02/11/11 07:01 AM

im from queensbury looking to get my first suggie but having hard time finding somewhere nearby
Posted By: tournesoul

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 03/20/11 04:09 AM

grin
Hi all of you~ especially NYers.
THANK GOD this winter is OVER!!!! We went down to the river today with the dog, and, yes, there IS still a river !!! laugh Hooray!!! We moved here from FL you see. Crazy, I know! btw, how do you make the smilies actually show up in your mail? esp the one bigger list?
So, back to NY - We are in the upstate adirondack area and would LOVE LOVE love to get together with someone up here as I dont have any suggies yet... I am pretty much taking in alot here and working on a cage, food, supplies etc... first.
Ideally, I would like to rescue! That is just what I believe in. Most all my animals have been rescues since I did the lab breeding thing back in the mid 90s. (at that point I didnt realize there were SO many animals without a home!!)
Well, I just wanted to say hi and that I am up here.
Blessings,
Lindsay

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 03/20/11 12:45 PM

Hi,
We are in catskill, about 30 miles south of albany!!! If you need anything let us know!!

Heidi & Tom

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 03/20/11 03:00 PM

Hi Heidi~
I am in Glens Falls at the moment but hoping to move to Saratoga. My 11 yr old goes to school there and the 80 miles a day is getting a little old! The things I do for my babies =) I would love to come and see your babies. I have very little experience with suggies and am SO in love with all that I do know! They just seem so yummy! SO sweet. I have had many different kinds of animals throughout my years as well as the wildlife rehab. Nothing seems quite like this though. These little ones seem almost like having children (human =) again....

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 03/22/11 04:48 AM

Hi Queensbury~
I am in Glens Falls at the moment looking for our first suggies too!! Did you get some? It would be cool to get together if and when you do...
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 03/22/11 12:35 PM

Dutchess County, NY

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 03/22/11 02:19 PM

Originally Posted By: tournesoul
Hi Heidi~
I am in Glens Falls at the moment but hoping to move to Saratoga. My 11 yr old goes to school there and the 80 miles a day is getting a little old! The things I do for my babies =) I would love to come and see your babies. I have very little experience with suggies and am SO in love with all that I do know! They just seem so yummy! SO sweet. I have had many different kinds of animals throughout my years as well as the wildlife rehab. Nothing seems quite like this though. These little ones seem almost like having children (human =) again....

Yes we can get together.. It is hecktic here now. I'm in school full time + work around 60 hrs week. Tom is sick & out of work, + he takes care of his father.
The fuzzbutts are our children!!!

Heidi

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 03/22/11 03:00 PM

Yes we can get together.. It is hecktic here now. I'm in school full time + work around 60 hrs week. Tom is sick & out of work, + he takes care of his father.
The fuzzbutts are our children!!!

Heidi[/quote]
We can do it later... I am crazy right now too and should not even be on here today!! Too much to do. Im just hooked on this site. My daughter is amazed at something she initially wanted and I said no to after just the briefest of research. Thank god I did. It was ppp!!
Posted By: Gemini67

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 04/16/11 05:26 PM

Hi all! I'm Darby and I live in upstate NY, near Albany.
Posted By: DCMuffin

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 04/16/11 09:59 PM

Hey guys! Remember that State Roll Call is to introduce yourselves and say where you're from. Try to keep the extra stuff to PM! Thanks a bunch! thumb

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 04/27/11 04:37 PM

Hey everyone, just joined the forum as I am extremely interested in getting one of these awesome little creatures.

Posted By: jkajz

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 05/02/11 02:34 PM

Hello everyone, have been here for a while.been busy reading!! figured it was time to say hello. as of right now we have three awesome gliders!!

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 05/03/11 08:12 PM

Welcome Neighbor!!!!!!!
Posted By: upsoon

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 05/03/11 09:03 PM

Hi everyone I'm from Slingerlands Ny (Albany NY area) I will be getting twins the end of May

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 05/31/11 12:01 AM

I'm new here, and in Potsdam NY (st lawrence county). have been learning as much as i can for a year now on sugar gliders, hoping to find for adoption soon smile not having much luck so far though frown

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 05/31/11 04:54 AM

I think there are two WF in NY that need a home. Check in the glider ads. I dont know what she is asking for them but its a boy and a girl and I think they are nice. She just has too much on her plate for all her gliders. There are a couple breeders in NY that I know of. Probably more but I just dont know them all. PM me if you want their names.

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 05/31/11 04:55 AM

Oh, and welcome NIbblesmommy!! Glad to have another NY er on here!! grin

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 05/31/11 05:05 AM

Originally Posted By: upsoon
Hi everyone I'm from Slingerlands Ny (Albany NY area) I will be getting twins the end of May

YEY!
I am from Fort Edward, NY. I work in Albany! Good luck with the new babies! I have 3 boys! They are soooooo much fun!

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 05/31/11 05:31 AM

Originally Posted By: JenQ

Hi Jenn! I am in Saratoga too!! Would love to get together sometime. Cant pm you so I hope you get this!! smile
Posted By: WintersSong

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 05/31/11 07:09 AM

So nice to see members close to where I live. smile
Posted By: Gizmogirl

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 05/31/11 09:05 AM

Hey everyone. Just a reminder that State Roll Call is ONLY for quick introductions and to let people know where you are from. For Glider Gatherings in your area, please make use of Special Events
thanks

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 06/19/11 04:29 PM

Hello my fellow New Yorker!! My name is Jenn and I live in Ulster county in the Phoenicia/Kingston area. I have yet to have found anyone one with gliders in my close area. Please send me a PM if you are near by and would like to talk!! I have had 1 glider that passed away on account of a toxic cage and now have two new little ones that needed to be rehomed- I like to think of them as a rescue- being that they were on a pellet only diet.
Looking forward to hearing from you!!
Jenn
Posted By: jkajz

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 06/20/11 04:58 PM

hi jenn, welcome! sorry to hear about your little one. you can kind of say we are neighbors. only about 30mins away. (i grew up in phoenicia!) you would be surprised at how many little guys are in the area!
Posted By: midnight

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 06/30/11 11:01 PM

Im in Poughkeepsie NY. My first gliders are coming in september. in the meantime i am getting ready and doing a ton of research here

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 06/30/11 11:28 PM

welcome welcome good to know things and be prepared before you get the kids. we are not too far from you in catskill,ny

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 07/01/11 06:56 AM

:welcome: Midnight~
Saratoga Springs here. Love to have another NY er on here! Its a great place to gather info! Kudos to you for doing your homework 1st! It will help! I love the name Rayne!

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 07/27/11 11:32 PM

Originally Posted By: RememberingCocoa
Hello my fellow New Yorker!! My name is Jenn and I live in Ulster county in the Phoenicia/Kingston area. I have yet to have found anyone one with gliders in my close area. Please send me a PM if you are near by and would like to talk!! I have had 1 glider that passed away on account of a toxic cage and now have two new little ones that needed to be rehomed- I like to think of them as a rescue- being that they were on a pellet only diet.
Looking forward to hearing from you!!
Jenn

I am only 30 - 40 mins away from you... next to New Paltz wave

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 08/24/11 01:41 AM

I'm from Granville and took my babies to Saratoga for their check up.
Posted By: DCMuffin

Re: NEW YORK - PART 2 - 09/10/11 02:17 PM

See PART 3
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL