GliderCENTRAL

Fattening foods.

Posted By: Cathayvet

Fattening foods. - 12/14/16 01:14 AM

My critters eat everything. They are getting a bit chunky. What foods and treats are the most Fattening? I offer fresh and freeze dried insects as treats. Fresh salads and veggies and critter love. When I had my male neutered his calcium and phosphorus was normal. So what are the high calorie foods to avoid?
Posted By: Feather

Re: Fattening foods. - 12/14/16 02:26 AM

I would start with cutting out the treats. Then start eliminating fruit out of the diet.

Avocado is fattening.

Re: Fattening foods. - 12/14/16 03:48 AM

Amazingly, fruit is their least favorite. I realize I feed too many mealworms and crickets.

Re: Fattening foods. - 12/14/16 03:49 AM

Forgot to mention the only dry food they eat is the baby glider chow. Will have to go with low calorie.

Re: Fattening foods. - 12/14/16 04:11 AM

Can you feel any lumps in their patagium? If not they are not over weight.

Re: Fattening foods. - 01/06/17 02:08 AM

F8nally able to get a feel, no lumps. But if you look at her from the front she has a chest like grandma. If you get what I mean. But still better looking than Tara Reid. Hahaha
She is bigger , squishier, ando the first one to the food dish.
What about dried mealworms and crickets..still Fattening?
I have them eating Critter Love Breeder dried kibble and when that is finished will try the lower protein fruity kibble.

Re: Fattening foods. - 01/06/17 04:58 AM

A lot of the moobs your seeing is skin, all that patagium has to go somewhere when they are not using it.
Posted By: Stef333

Re: Fattening foods. - 01/07/17 04:47 PM

Originally Posted By: Cathayvet
Amazingly, fruit is their least favorite. I realize I feed too many mealworms and crickets.

How many meal worms and crickets are you feeding each day that you think is too much?

I am still trying to find the right balance of treats for my two young gliders, and don't know what "too many" may be. I have been feeding about two mealies each per day, on top of maybe one yogurt drop each, and a few sunflower seeds. (Plus Critter Love and salad as the usual daily meal.)

Thanks!
Stef
© 2021 GliderCENTRAL