GliderCENTRAL

Favorites fruits & veggies?

Posted By: kidqwik

Favorites fruits & veggies? - 04/07/17 06:38 PM

I've been using Critter Love Plus and a mix of the salad for Lilo and Kara since I've got them. At night they get the CLP, with a salad mix of peas, apples, cantalope, kale, bok choy, string beans, kiwi, carrot, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, kiwi, and I've cycled in and out a few kernels of corn every other night. They'll always eat the corn. Last night they ate the most variety since I've got them it seems. Corn, blueberries, raspberries, cantalope, bok choy, and the kale. They've never really touched the blueberries before so I was surprised to see the skins of them on the cage floor. Some mornings I stick an apple slice in their pouch before I leave for work and they'll eat it, but don't touch it in the tray at night. I'm going to add Papaya next but in frozen pieces because the last time it didn't stay that fresh in the fridge. What is everyone's glider's favorite fruits n veggies to eat? What will they completely avoid? How has cactus fruit gone over with your gliders? Gala or Macintosh apple prefered(mine seem to like Mac better)?
Posted By: Srlb

Re: Favorites fruits & veggies? - 04/08/17 12:36 PM

If you are offering the Critter LoveŽ Plus, you should also be offering one of the Critter LoveŽ salad mixtures which can be found here.

These salads were put together to feed alongside the Critter LoveŽ staples by the Animal Nutritionist we work with to make certain your sugar glider is getting the most balanced and optimal diet plan you can offer.

Many people think just because we put food on a gliders plate, they should eat all of it. Please keep in mind, a sugar glider normally only eats the 'meat' inside the vegetables and fruits, leaving the outside (insoluble fibers) behind and also, they do not clean their plates like dogs/cats. I also highly recommend reading this about the Picky Glider
Posted By: Ladymagyver

Re: Favorites fruits & veggies? - 04/08/17 01:55 PM

We use CL complete, and feed a recommended salad. It is true mine don't clean up their veggies at first glance. But upon closer inspection, I have found shelled veggies, and fruits with teeth marks. As Srlb, states, they only take in soluble fiber, and leave the insoluble.

Apples are not a favorite every day in the salad mix, and they prefer gala or fuji.

Carrots are definitely not a favorite, but I do see teeth marks occasionally.it is odd every glider is unique in what they care for.
Posted By: Terry

Re: Favorites fruits & veggies? - 04/08/17 03:21 PM

Mine are not fans of berries, occasionally I offer them, and some of the time someone(s) eat some. Mine do love green beans and cantaloupe the best, but as stated on closer inspection, I see some of the other's outer shell left behind. My gliders will usually eat less apple and bok choy, but I notice if I offer baby bok, they eat more of it.
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL