GliderCENTRAL

Eating too little?

Posted By: Randilion

Eating too little? - 05/11/18 01:54 AM

Hi folks, Iím a new ďparentĒ to two joeys. I have only had my fur-babies for a couple weeks, and both had wellness checks at the vet. Arty and Finley are both about 10 weeks OOP. They seem sprite and their coats are soft. Both are bonding well (Arty is sitting on my shoulder as I type this) but Iím concerned about the amount of food they leave uneaten. I change their food each night, leaving fresh dishes of one tablespoon HPW diet food per glider and fruit in the cage overnight. Perhaps I am putting out too much food considering their age?
Posted By: Feather

Re: Eating too little? - 05/11/18 02:30 AM

If you look at the veggies and fruit you will see that they are leaving the hulls and just eating the insides out.

Yes, they are young, but check out the food they leave. You can also weigh it before you put it in the cage and weigh it in the morning to see what they are actually eating.
Posted By: Ladymagyver

Re: Eating too little? - 05/11/18 03:29 AM

Since they are Joey's, they may not eat a full adult portion. You can cut back untill they clean the plate and build back up to full recommendation.
Posted By: Randilion

Re: Eating too little? - 05/14/18 07:29 PM

Thank you for answering my question. I will continue to keep an eye on them to make sure they are getting the nutrients they need, but I feel better now. smile
© 2020 GliderCENTRAL