GliderCENTRAL

Maple syrup

Posted By: evita29

Maple syrup - 12/09/19 05:16 PM

Hi!I want to ask can i have a teaspoon of maple syrup once a week?Because the calcium / phosphorus ratio is very good.I apologize for the translation.I do not speak good English wink
Posted By: Ladymagyver

Re: Maple syrup - 12/10/19 02:11 AM

Hi and Welcome to Glider Central! wave

I would be concerned with all the sugar in the syrup. Especially if it is corn syrup. A teaspoon is a lot of syrup. I hope there's someone who can tell you for sure.
Posted By: KarenE

Re: Maple syrup - 12/10/19 03:51 AM

I have the same concern, and there is really no need for all that sugar. Find something else for a special treat agree
Posted By: evita29

Re: Maple syrup - 12/10/19 04:35 PM

Thanks a lot!I appreciate your opinion.I read this forum very often but do not write.
Posted By: KarenE

Re: Maple syrup - 12/10/19 06:44 PM

:thumb2: Glad to know you are here reading.
Posted By: KateS

Re: Maple syrup - 01/21/20 08:03 PM

Please be aware that even pure organic maple syrup should not be fed to your gliders. Ca:P ratio is dangerously off. The Ca is extremely high in pure maple syrup. Pure maple syrup has roughly 15x higher Ca than Honey. My family and I are sugar shackers, meaning we make and sell our own pure organic maple syrup. I am currently doing some research on pure sugar maple sap which may be able to be used Instead of honey, most likely will have to still be diluted. It has a lot of health benefits for humans, however we all know that does not necessarily mean it is good for our gliders.
© 2020 GliderCENTRAL