GliderCENTRAL

Critter Love Questions

Posted By: KateS

Critter Love Questions - 01/26/20 04:38 PM

I just received my first batch of Critter Love Plus. I want to just make the entire thing (I got the bundle) and freeze what is over the 5 days. I have a large freezer and my busy season is coming up. Would this be appropriate? What would the measurements be for the whole pouch?

Also, I am making fresh salads to go with it. I was hoping to make three different salads and rotate weekly to keep offering variety. How long will these fresh to frozen salads stay good in the freezer? I am going to package them in little freezer safe plastic containers already portioned out... because I am a neurotic freak lol. This is my first time working with an herb for my gliders, for this batch I am using watercress. Can they have the stems? Or just the leaves? What about bok Choy can they have the entire thing or are there parts they cannot have?

Thank you in advance!!
read
Posted By: Ladymagyver

Re: Critter Love Questions - 01/27/20 12:31 AM

Water cress and bok choy yes, stems and leaves.

I put my salads in Ziploc freezer bags and remove as much air as possible. I have stored up to 6 months in a deep freeze with no freezer burn.
Posted By: Feather

Re: Critter Love Questions - 01/27/20 02:40 AM

For two gliders you would freeze two tablespoons in each container for one night feeding.
Posted By: KarenE

Re: Critter Love Questions - 01/27/20 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by KateS
I just received my first batch of Critter Love Plus. I want to just make the entire thing (I got the bundle) and freeze what is over the 5 days. I have a large freezer and my busy season is coming up. Would this be appropriate? What would the measurements be for the whole pouch?

There should be instructions on the package somewhere for making. If not, I would contact Peggy at Critterlove. She is very easy to talk. Her profile here is srlb. I would think her cell number is the same, however, she has moved from Florida to Texas, so that landline is not.
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL