GliderCENTRAL

Amputated

Posted By: ncbabe

Amputated - 04/13/14 01:58 AM

Three days ago my little Loki had to have his leg amputated. He seems to be doing really well. He has been really good about taking his medications and seems to know not to exercise to much. He comes out to eat and drink and to climb a little and back to rest. Lotus has been a really good nurse. She stays with him inside or outside their pouch. Currently looking for a new pouch since the one I have caused his injury. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!
Posted By: GliderNursery

Re: Amputated - 04/13/14 02:06 AM

I typically recommend pouches that are made of a good quality fleece. What type of pouch did you have that caused the injury?

Also, do you have him in a hospital cage, something smaller while he's recovering from surgery?

Re: Amputated - 04/13/14 02:11 AM

It was a fleece pouch. I had him in a carry cage the first night. The vet said as long as he takes it easy that he can be in the big cage with his sister so he spent last night in the big cage and stayed near the bottom or in the pouch the vet let me borrow.

Re: Amputated - 04/13/14 02:24 AM

wink As long as he's doing ok, then I'm sure the larger cage is fine. He is probably less stressed being in his normal cage and with his sister. smile

If you are no longer comfortable with fleece pouches, which I fully understand, you may want to consider a nesting box. Typically I would recommend lining the next box with small fleece (2" x 2") fleece blankies for comfort and warmth.

Re: Amputated - 04/13/14 02:32 AM

Thanks. I'll look into those as soon as possible.

Re: Amputated - 04/13/14 03:04 AM

You can check with Peggy, (Srlb) at Critterlove.com. I think she is making them.
Posted By: Srlb

Re: Amputated - 04/14/14 12:24 PM

Thanks Shelly. I am indeed making them again as several folks are asking about them.

PM me for more details. We can get you all set up. thumb
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL