GliderCENTRAL

OdoBan?

Posted By: Kris_N_Zoe

OdoBan? - 11/10/14 07:40 PM

Does anybody know if OdoBan is safe to use around glider stuff? It's a multi-purpose cleaner for all types of surfaces and fabrics, what do yo guys think? It smells good, Eucalyptus scented. wink OdoBan
Posted By: Terry

Re: OdoBan? - 11/10/14 08:39 PM

I've never used it personally, I think I have read somewhere that it's been used, but sorry I can't remember exactly what I read.

Are you planning on using it on items you can rinse thoroughly? If so, and it says it's non-toxic, I would believe it would be safe. But there may be someone who has experience to suggest other use.
Posted By: Kris_N_Zoe

Re: OdoBan? - 11/10/14 08:44 PM

I did some research and this is the name of the disinfecting chemical in OdoBan: Alkyl dimethyl benzyl ammonium chloride

This chemical is found in Lysol, Clorox, Tilex and some PineSol (not the "Pine" part) disinfecting products.

Here is the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services's Chemical Information chart about that chemical: Disinfectant in OdoBan
Posted By: yiyo

Re: OdoBan? - 11/11/14 01:00 PM

I've used that to clean my drop pans and some large rocks that I kept in their cage. But I also made sure to rinse them thoroughly.

It does have a good smell. And, for some reason, it's the only scented cleaner I could ever use without my gliders over-marking afterward. Anything else they couldn't stand but this one they were ok with.....perhaps because they like eucalyptus in the wild dunno
© 2020 GliderCENTRAL