GliderCENTRAL

Pet saucer instead of wheel

Posted By: Ittermat

Pet saucer instead of wheel - 12/16/14 06:54 PM

Would this work as a wheel type thing for sugar gliders? Its a leftover from my chinchilla.. and I do plan to clean it off really well before using it- but I was wondering if gliders can use it? It feels safer than a wheel...

I had to switch to this for Chiku (my chinchilla) because he was playing chicken with the wheel I bought him..(making it go really fast- then trying to jump out without hitting the support bars..) So I removed it and got him this instead... but he was still an idiot and would try to use it as a jumping point to his shelves, of course it moved on him on the jump so he would then...miss...fall..and then act like he didnt do it.

Anyway back on topic... can sugar gliders use this? (sorry I get distracted..)
Posted By: Kris_N_Zoe

Re: Pet saucer instead of wheel - 12/16/14 07:17 PM

I actually bought that exact product(before the wheel) and I was told it's not safe. I don't know that it's exactly "not safe", but maybe or that it's too awkward for gliders. You'd have to SEE them use the wheel to really understand how they "run" in it.... Lemme see if I can find a vid for you......

Okay. Found one. It's not mine, but it's a really good quality vid. Watch and study... They jump across it and ride the wheel. I believe the one in the vid is a Stealth wheel, I love the Raptors personally but I'm looking into getting Smoke a Custom Cruiser(harder workout). Anyways.... Here's the vid. It's a little long, but it's good.

Re: Pet saucer instead of wheel - 12/16/14 07:21 PM

Lol bing bing all over! Okay ill try to find a real wheel then...

Re: Pet saucer instead of wheel - 12/16/14 07:41 PM

Here's the link for the Raptor Wheels Great color choices, very customizable, Smoke loves the one I bought.

Custom Cruiser wheels Custom cruisers provide a more intense work out with the option of Full bounce, half bounce or minimal bounce.

Stealth wheels I have no experience with these, but they're a high quality, safe-wheel option.
Posted By: GliderNursery

Re: Pet saucer instead of wheel - 12/17/14 11:40 PM

Or my favorite, the Titan by Fast Track , or you can use their Treadmills.

Re: Pet saucer instead of wheel - 12/18/14 02:34 AM

Thank you guys I'll look into it ^^

Re: Pet saucer instead of wheel - 12/18/14 06:17 PM

Originally Posted By: GliderNursery
Or my favorite, the Titan by Fast Track , or you can use their Treadmills.

Thanks Shelly! I knew there was another one I was forgetting.
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL