GliderCENTRAL

Appropriate Sized Stealth Wheel for Gliders?

Posted By: TwoDog

Appropriate Sized Stealth Wheel for Gliders? - 01/16/16 05:17 AM

Hey everyone!
Finally get to buy some glider gear this payday.
From what I have read, the Stealth wheel is the way to go--with sandpaper. But it comes in several sizes? What is the biggest one that gliders would like to use? Or do they prefer the smaller ones?
Any Stealth wheel users out there have any words of wisdom?

How about users of the Critternation cage? I think I am going to end up with that because of the door size...

Ooop...I hear them... :-)
Have a good night all!
Posted By: BYK_Chainsaw

Re: Appropriate Sized Stealth Wheel for Gliders? - 01/16/16 06:54 AM

http://www.mygliderwheelsandmore.com/shop-for-wheels.html

we got 2 stainless steel raptors, says it is a 12" wheel. (with sandpaper.) gliders seem to love both of them.
I think stealth wheel is almost the same thing.

We also bought 1 critter nation cage and 1 of the same cage under the petsmart name "all living things". We put 1.5 together for a 6 foot tall inside area for the gliders. You can buy one now, and later if you want to make larger you can add them together up or side by side. These also have horizontal bars which we heard were better for gliders. The large doors are also very nice, we like the doors a lot, can really get into the whole cage.

I don't see anything better that makes me think we made a mistake.
Posted By: Philwojo

Re: Appropriate Sized Stealth Wheel for Gliders? - 01/16/16 03:05 PM

I think the biggest issue is not what they will like, but what can fit in your cage without having to take it apart, meaning you can fit the wheel through the door on the cage.

Some people overlook this and buy a big wheel and the only way to get it in and out of the cage is to take the cage apart, not a great solution at all.

Get the biggest you can fit through the door on your cage and that will not take up too much room in the cage. Our girls all love their wheels from the link that BYK posted above. We also went with stainless on the one we bought for them, the other girls came with the wheel in the standard setup with the plastic. Both have the sandpaper though.

Phil
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL