GliderCENTRAL

My homemade cage is complete!

Posted By: hollypop

My homemade cage is complete! - 04/28/16 07:01 PM

Complete Cage
Inside Cage

I have a small apartment and very few places to put a cage, so I didn't want a big wire one smack in the middle of the living/dining area that stood out like a sore thumb against all my white furniture, so I made my own! The cabinet is one I bought from online classifieds for next to nothing, and the cage sets my mom helped me make! Ok, ok... my mom did all the work while I sat there and made her more tea when she needed it! blush

I've been told that apparently that wheel isn't safe, so it will be coming out before the boys come home this weekend,(the day after I tossed the receipt, of course!) but I'd like to hear thoughts on water. The ramekins on the bottom are what I planned for food and water, because I read they should be heavy enough they can't be tipped. Should I invest in a bottle too?
Posted By: peru9111

Re: My homemade cage is complete! - 04/28/16 07:15 PM

I would love to see pics.. I also need to make a cage... I use the drip water bottles with bottled water.. I have 2 bottles on the cage cause I have 4 Sug Bears.
Posted By: Feather

Re: My homemade cage is complete! - 04/28/16 08:34 PM

I hope you can easily get between the cabinet and the mesh as gliders will hang on the sides of the cage to pee.

It looks nice, but I think it is going to be difficult to clean.

Is it built into the wall or can you get all the way around it?

Re: My homemade cage is complete! - 04/28/16 10:23 PM

Peru, pics are in the links at the top of the post! smile

Re: My homemade cage is complete! - 04/28/16 10:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Feather
I hope you can easily get between the cabinet and the mesh as gliders will hang on the sides of the cage to pee.

It looks nice, but I think it is going to be difficult to clean.

Is it built into the wall or can you get all the way around it?

Hmm, I suppose I didn't think of the pee on the sides - the wood is coated so that should help, but the mesh on the sides will definitely be a challenge for me!
It's not built into the wall, I can move it, but it's heavy!
Posted By: Hutch

Re: My homemade cage is complete! - 04/28/16 10:25 PM

Very creative!
Posted By: peru9111

Re: My homemade cage is complete! - 04/28/16 11:57 PM

Very nice blend well into the home ..but yes cleaning might be a challege. but awesome job
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL