GliderCENTRAL

Question for those who own the HQ Sturdy cage.

Posted By: HoneyChild

Question for those who own the HQ Sturdy cage. - 07/05/16 08:41 PM

I bought the HQ Sturdy cage about a month ago and have a question regarding the removable metal rail tray @ the bottom of the cage. When I first got it,I secured that metal bottom tray with zip ties to keep it from sliding. It's a bit of a hassle to cut them every time I wanna remove and clean the floor tray. Anyone who owns this cage leave it unsecured with no issues? I know it's kinda heavy but afraid of taking chances. Would like to know what you guys have decided on and any experience regarding this issue. Ty guys!!
Posted By: Terry

Re: Question for those who own the HQ Sturdy cage. - 07/05/16 09:49 PM

I have the HQ Large Sturdy, the only thing I have to zip tie on the bottom is the floor grate that slides out above the drop tray. Is this what you're talking about, the support rails to my knowledge were not removable, at least not on my cage.

With the exception of the zip ties on the two, top side panels, I switched all of my zip ties to the removable kind.

Seen here is the one on the floor grate. You may need to enlarge the photo by clicking on thumbnail to see it.

I got them so long ago I'm not sure where I picked them up. It was either at CVS or Dollar General, but I think CVS more likely.

Posted By: Feather

Re: Question for those who own the HQ Sturdy cage. - 07/05/16 10:01 PM

I only use one zip tie in the front to keep the little heathens from escaping.

Some gliders figure out how to scoot that grate out and escape. One zip tie is better than a glider loose in the house.

Better safe than sorry.
Posted By: MamaBird

Re: Question for those who own the HQ Sturdy cage. - 07/06/16 01:57 AM

I've had my HQ Large Sturdies for years, i've never actually found the need to take the zip ties off. I just leave the bottom grate zip tied in place. smile

I wipe out the trays and wipe down the grate every day or so, and drag the cages out periodically for a full deep clean.
Posted By: HoneyChild

Re: Question for those who own the HQ Sturdy cage. - 07/07/16 08:39 PM

Ty all for the advice/ sharing your experience. I kept the zip ties. Can't risk a shift on that tray. Glad to know nothing negative has come from use of these. thumb
© 2020 GliderCENTRAL