GliderCENTRAL

Cage cover or no?

Posted By: Cathayvet

Cage cover or no? - 07/31/16 12:18 AM

How important is a cage cover, other than keeping food and poo inside the cage?
Their nests and fleece pieces keep them in the dark during the day. It gets meddlesome when they are out and climbing on the cages and I can't see them because they are under the cover. Is it a must? Also I am in a warm climate and drafts / temperature not a problem.
Posted By: beachbabies

Re: Cage cover or no? - 07/31/16 12:40 AM

I've never used one, but I was just thinking as I was cleaning the wall today that I really should get one. To answer your question, I've never heard that they're a must have for any other reason.
Posted By: Terry

Re: Cage cover or no? - 07/31/16 01:32 PM

I believe for the most part cage covers are used to keep surrounding walls clean, and perhaps for drafty situations for some. If you don't feel you need or want a cover, than do not use one, I'm sure there are several who do not use any.
Posted By: Feather

Re: Cage cover or no? - 08/03/16 01:55 AM

You can just hang some fleece on the wall behind the cage to keep the wall clean.
Posted By: CandyOtte

Re: Cage cover or no? - 08/04/16 04:57 AM

I put a sheet of plexiglass on the wall behind my 3 cages - it is a lot easier to wipe clean than scrubbing food off the painted wall.
Posted By: KarenE

Re: Cage cover or no? - 08/04/16 02:59 PM

You could also use the Command Hooks to hang a shower curtain liner (or cut however much you need) and then wash when it becomes soiled. The curtains can be purchased at discount stores for almost nothing. Dollar Tree has them for $1 smile
Posted By: cmabright

Re: Cage cover or no? - 08/07/16 10:59 PM

Great idea!! ☺
© 2021 GliderCENTRAL