GliderCENTRAL

My Trio's Cage

Posted By: Terry

My Trio's Cage - 01/08/17 04:02 AM

I just love redesigning layouts and setups for my babies cage. Every so often I make bigger changes like switch up where the cage wheel mount is located, and just make major changes which allows for other variations of furnishing arrangements. I can tell the gliders like it because they spend more time out and about exploring after returning them to the cage and seem to be out more often throughout the earlier part of the evening. I do make changes on forage toys, but for the most part I keep their favorite sleeping pouch and main food stations in pretty much the same locations, with only adjustments on occasions.

Anyway, After keeping the cage wheel mounting on one side or the other for so far, the entire time I've had this particular cage, I decided to try mounting it on the back wall of the cage. This appears to open up the cage a bit more and I think makes it look roomier than before.

So here are the pics of the new arrangement, with no particular theme.

They pretty much jumped right to the fleece bridge, but moved around exploring everything, I had trouble getting pics of them, lol.

I think this is the only pic I got where you can see all three of them, well sort of, lol.

These are thumbnails, you can click to open to full pic if you like a better look.
Posted By: Ladymagyver

Re: My Trio's Cage - 01/08/17 11:02 AM

Wow, I like this Terry! I have my wheel on a stand to one side. I have plans to build an xmount to hang wheel,just haven't gotten to lowes to get the parts.

In my RV cage I have it mounted fairly high, and on the back wall, they seem to like that.

It gives more floor space too.

Thanks for some ideas!

Re: My Trio's Cage - 01/08/17 02:13 PM

You're welcome Dawn.

I had been wanting to try mounting on back cage wall, but was thinking I wouldn't be able to access the wheel as easily to remove for proper cleaning. I often wipe down using sponge with v/w solution weekly, but every so often I like to take the wheels off the mounts and give good wash & scrub with dish detergent. I don't think it will be a problem though, because I really had no trouble attaching the wheel to the mount at this location.
Posted By: Stef333

Re: My Trio's Cage - 01/09/17 04:10 PM

Thanks for sharing the cage pics! I totally agree that rearranging the layout is as fun for me as it is for them. Each time I mix things up, it's like Christmas morning waiting for them to wake up and try it out. smile

Re: My Trio's Cage - 01/10/17 12:38 AM

Thanks. It really is like Christmas, lol.
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL