GliderCENTRAL

Chewing on branch?

Posted By: Michelle_D

Chewing on branch? - 02/05/17 03:59 AM

I bought the boys a grape-wood branch at Petsmart, and Chance was instantly enthralled by it-but he's also instantly trying to chew it.

Is this going to be okay? I saw that grape-wood was safe for them, but I hadn't expected him to want to gnaw it to death. o.O;
Posted By: Feather

Re: Chewing on branch? - 02/05/17 03:11 PM

Yes, that is fine. In the wild they use their lower front teeth to strip the bark off of trees to get to the sap.
Posted By: KarenE

Re: Chewing on branch? - 02/05/17 04:36 PM

If you know anyone with an apple tree in their yard, try to get a branch or two. They will love that as well wink
Posted By: Michelle_D

Re: Chewing on branch? - 02/05/17 08:53 PM

It took about three hours for me to go 'OH. WAIT, SAP.' And I felt ridiculously silly,because of -course- he was going to want to chew on the wood. XD But I was still concerned if it was going to be safe for him.

I wish I knew where I could get some apple branches. The husband wanted me to go out and just start cutting branches from trees, but I convinced him to let me buy something that I could (hope) was safe for them.

Apparently the little tree limb is a big hit for both Chance and Mochi. I'll have to get another when they have more in stock. ;P
Posted By: Feather

Re: Chewing on branch? - 02/05/17 10:37 PM

If you do get apple branches make sure that they are not sprayed.

Re: Chewing on branch? - 02/06/17 02:30 AM

Plant your own. It won't take long for them to grow. Then it will take even less time for them to look like you cut branches off for your gliders :rofl2:

That's what mine looked like.
Posted By: Ilovemyweeones

Re: Chewing on branch? - 02/06/17 02:25 PM

What about a cherry tree branch. Would that work too. Is any fruit tree branch safe.

Re: Chewing on branch? - 02/06/17 05:39 PM

Here Is The List Of Toxic/Non-Toxic Plants we use as a guide. There are several Sticky Topics at the top of this forum that should be useful for you.

© 2019 GliderCENTRAL