GliderCENTRAL

What are some good toys for sugar gliders?

Posted By: Hensandrim

What are some good toys for sugar gliders? - 04/04/17 02:58 AM

I've bought a few toys for my gliders, but some of them they don't seem interested in. They really enjoy their toy balls but that's about it. What's your sugar gliders favorite toys?
Posted By: TwoDog

Re: What are some good toys for sugar gliders? - 04/04/17 04:32 AM

Straws. Tie them in knots...tie them around things.
They go nuts for straws.

A big tupperware full of ping pong balls makes a great ball pit. Throw treats in and watch them dive in like kids at Chuck E. Cheeze

Justin likes the Borderlands series of first person shooters.

Aria just surfs her I-pod all day. She's learning Spanish

Arrow has gotten into some small mammal dating site. It's all local wildlife though. He gets mad when I press him on it. Youth.

Mrs. Frisby complains that she never has time to play because her deadbeat mate is always on that damn video game.

And Athena...at just about 8 weeks. She just loves to explore and drink it all in with those giant obsidian eyes.

Seriously though...a little feathered cat toy drives them crazy too.

Just a few ideas
Hope that helps.
Posted By: Feather

Re: What are some good toys for sugar gliders? - 04/04/17 05:56 AM

Plastic bracelets, you will find they carry them back to the sleeping pouch and get a little miffed when you remove them daily.

They think they work so hard to get all 24 of them into their sleeping pouch, I don't know how they can sleep with all of them in there.
Posted By: Ladymagyver

Re: What are some good toys for sugar gliders? - 04/04/17 07:05 AM

Straws bent into triangles. Put a drop of honey in them before you join them together.

I followed another person's idea (Terry)on here and found a little tykes Noah's ark at a yard sale for $3. I fill it with barrel of monkeys, blankies, bracelets,fleece pompoms, split milk rings, straws, feathers...
Posted By: Ladymagyver

Re: What are some good toys for sugar gliders? - 04/04/17 07:08 AM

Oh I forgot! :welcomegc:. So glad you're here!

What kind of toys do you already have?

Oh and rubber bands are a favorite of mine too...
Posted By: MJGabriel

Re: What are some good toys for sugar gliders? - 04/05/17 03:29 PM

I create mazes using PVC piping. I use mostly 2", with plenty of 90 and 45 degree turns, as well as 3 way "T" connectors. I rearrange the maze often. I used steel wool to remove the ink on the outer surfaces, and sandpaper to smooth any seams or other rough edges. A hacksaw or other manual saw is best for cutting long straight sections into smaller ones to fit the cage. Pics are on my blog in my signature block.
Posted By: MJGabriel

Re: What are some good toys for sugar gliders? - 04/05/17 04:03 PM

We also use the PVC chain that you can buy at home improvement stores. It is great for hiding treats like dried fruit (organic, unsweetened of course!) Cutting a section out of a single link can turn it into a simple hangar.

Piling the chain into a plastic container and burying treats among/below it is also great fun to watch.
Posted By: Hutch

Re: What are some good toys for sugar gliders? - 04/05/17 08:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Feather
They think they work so hard to get all 24 of them into their sleeping pouch, I don't know how they can sleep with all of them in there.
Seriously, right?!?!

Mine like anything dangly with looks to check for treats, knots to undo, or containers to open.
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL