GliderCENTRAL

Think I know the answer, but...

Posted By: Alan

Think I know the answer, but... - 05/07/17 04:37 AM

So recently at Petco I bought a new toy for my girls. It's a coconut, cut in half, then joined with string at 3 points like a hanging cup. The issue is around the top are a bunch of thin string like fuzzies meant for birds. They don't seem to be pulling them out or biting them or getting caught, but the fuzzies are only zip tied to the top so my instinct is I should probably just cut them off. Is this the right action? Or do gliders enjoy those? My worry is they toes getting caught and while they don't seem like they could catch, my limited experience with my girls has been if you think they can't , just like a 5 year old, they definitely will. Thoughts? I'm trying to give them nore because they love the wheel but seem to be getting bored with everything I give them!!! Again, like a child haha.
Thanks all!!
Posted By: Ladymagyver

Re: Think I know the answer, but... - 05/07/17 11:27 AM

Do you happen to have a pic of this?

I have bought bird toys before and re strung them with strips of fleece and removed anything that might trap pee and can't wash.

Re: Think I know the answer, but... - 05/07/17 03:12 PM

So I looked last night and couldn't find a pic to post but just found it on a different stores website! Here it is:
http://www.petsmart.com/bird/supplies/to...tml?cgid=400010

I'm talking about those colorful yellow and pink fringey things on the top of the coconut. I doubt it fully is a problem (I did check that the coconut itself was free of any frilly pieces, it seems all the hairs were shaved off the outside so they can't get their nails caught) but I just don't know. I'm always trying to find more for them and was thinking I could hide a treat in the bottom possibly. Regardless, those hair tassel tings: good or bad?
Posted By: Feather

Re: Think I know the answer, but... - 05/07/17 03:41 PM

I would take them off and also replace the rope with fleece strips so they can't get their nails stuck.

Re: Think I know the answer, but... - 05/07/17 05:46 PM

Sounds like a good plan! I hadn't even thought of the ropes! Will definitely change those. Thanks!
Posted By: Ladymagyver

Re: Think I know the answer, but... - 05/07/17 08:28 PM

You could dress it up with green fleece strips.something they can pull out at the top. Cut each end of about a 4" x 1" strip into a small leaf shape.
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL