GliderCENTRAL

moving in with roommate who has a cat

Posted By: rinna

moving in with roommate who has a cat - 11/13/17 05:04 AM

I'm moving soon and my new roommate will have a cat. The house will not have an extra room with a closed door for me to put the gliders in to keep separate from the cat. The cage I have is off the ground, so I don't think the cat will be able to reach the gliders, the cage stands about 2 feet off the ground. I was just wondering if anyone has a similar set up and if it works for you or if anyone has any advice. Below is a link to the cage. Thank you

glider cage
Posted By: Feather

Re: moving in with roommate who has a cat - 11/13/17 06:54 AM

I would use cage covers on the top and three sides, the cat may jump up and try sleeping on the top of the cage.

If your new room mate agrees you could try a squirt bottle to train the cat to stay off the cage.

The cat is going to be curious, just make sure you have the grate and nest box doors ziptied and you may want to find cage locks for the doors in the front just to be safe.
Posted By: Ladymagyver

Re: moving in with roommate who has a cat - 11/13/17 08:21 AM

Feather has given you some great advise thumb The only thing I would add is to anchor the cage cover so if the cat happens to climb up the cage, he doesn't pull it down or off the cage accidentally.
And,
:welcomegc:
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL