GliderCENTRAL

Safe or Unsafe Wheel???

Posted By: ArcherMylin

Safe or Unsafe Wheel??? - 06/30/18 03:38 PM

Hi guys, I'm wondering if the wheel linked below is safe for sugar gliders. I'm suspicious that this may be very dangerous because of the mesh track and the metal across the diameter.

Wheel: https://www.lazada.com.my/products/sanko...40356.html?mp=1
Posted By: KarenE

Re: Safe or Unsafe Wheel??? - 06/30/18 03:49 PM

I think that wheel is more suited for hamsters. I see too many places where a glider's tail could get caught which could lead to damage from breaking the tail, degloving the tail to completely amputating the tail. There are other injuries that could occur as well to other limbs.

I don't know what wheels are available to you, but would certainly stay away from that one.
Posted By: KarenE

Re: Safe or Unsafe Wheel??? - 06/30/18 03:58 PM

In checking the website your wheel was on, there are other wheels for small animals, however, they all seem to have small vent holes to let urine pass through.

I don't like those because glider's nails can possibly get caught in them.

That sight also carries the wodent wheel specifically for gliders, however, there have been some serious accidents with those. I cannot tell if what they carry is the latest model which would have some modifications. We normally do not recommend the wodent wheel.

If you can get a large silent spinner from that sight, some people really like them.
Posted By: Feather

Re: Safe or Unsafe Wheel??? - 06/30/18 09:00 PM

Hi,

I found this wheel on that site and it is safe for gliders.

It is made by the makers of the Stealth Wheel.
Posted By: Ladymagyver

Re: Safe or Unsafe Wheel??? - 07/01/18 03:23 AM

Originally Posted By: Feather
Hi,

I found this wheel on that site and it is safe for gliders.

It is made by the makers of the Stealth Wheel.

That is great that they offer this wheel!!!

I don't have one of these but many who purchase the Freedom wheel love them. Easy to clean too.

I have 2 stealth wheels. One for each cage.

I feel you can't go wrong with this wheel smile
Posted By: ArcherMylin

Re: Safe or Unsafe Wheel??? - 07/02/18 10:55 AM

Hi everyone,

Thanks soooo much for replying! I'll deffo stay away from the one I found.
Posted By: Hydrus

Re: Safe or Unsafe Wheel??? - 07/03/18 11:01 PM

I use the freedom wheel and love it. Plus it's super easy to clean.
Posted By: BYK_Chainsaw

Re: Safe or Unsafe Wheel??? - 07/04/18 04:37 AM

I got several of the normal glider wheels made from can tops, they work well, but I did have one top crack and had to take it out, they are expensive so that was disappointing, all the other ones are working well.

I got 2 freedom wheels and so far they are both working great. the cleaning does seem easier, and I don't worry about them coming unglued from cleaning. Overall I think they are slightly less expensive.
Posted By: alicat

Re: Safe or Unsafe Wheel??? - 07/04/18 04:43 PM

Another vote for the freedom wheel. My girls love it, it is easy to clean, and literally silent.
Posted By: Claralice

Re: Safe or Unsafe Wheel??? - 07/05/18 04:40 AM

I have a freedom wheel in each cage! Best wheel I have had (tried at least three other brands)!
© 2021 GliderCENTRAL