GliderCENTRAL

Million Dollar Idea

Posted By: billytense aka Lisa11

Million Dollar Idea - 07/23/18 07:31 AM

Soooo I was thinking that I might not change my water bottles often enough, about one to every two weeks is what I do now. I have a small britta pitcher so I fill and fill and fill and put good water in storage bottles and then fill the water bottles from there. It's little bit of a pain because I'm never sure if the filter is doing it's job and I hate to keep switching filters because they are expensive. I don't even drink the britta water, it's just for the fuzzoids. So while that marble was rolling around in my head I had to stock all these coolers with beer and water for work and I thought "hmm, it would be cool if you could just pop a bottle of water onto the side of the cage and screw on a feeder tube. Voila! fresh safe water with no effort! And If I wanted I could re-use the bottles for other stuff..

So after some messing around I did this and it works amazingly well. At first I thought I was going to have to make a model, get it 3d printed and then maybe even patent it and get rich and buy an island where me and all the world's un-wanted gliders could frolic. But when I actually thought about it I didn't really want an island so I skipped all of that and just macguyvered it. here are the photos. I hope

https://photos.app.goo.gl/95Lu3dSkCvtmknLv8

So I'm a little proud of this invention, you can use it on any size bottle and some caps fit other bottles. Any ideas or criticisms are welcome.

And here is a short video of Pomp...or Circ,, I'm not sure and I Think they are both girls but I'm going to double check tomorrow 16 grams so far for both and oop for about a week.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/c6JTRu6FHqR3aNnt7
Posted By: KarenE

Re: Million Dollar Idea - 07/23/18 05:14 PM

Great idea you have there, Billy. You know that ole saying, Day Late and A Dollar Short.

Well, my friend, take a look at this water bottle.

There are many others much the same which is what most have used for years shock You may already know this, however, you idea is spot on. Buying them now is just less work.

As for the filtered water, unless you know your water is unsafe, there is no reason to do it. You mentioned you don't even drink the Brita water, so I guess you are drinking straight out of the tap. If so, it is safe for your gliders agree
Posted By: KarenE

Re: Million Dollar Idea - 07/25/18 02:13 PM

Billy, I really didn't mean to rain on your parade. Truly I didn't shakehead
Posted By: Ladymagyver

Re: Million Dollar Idea - 07/25/18 02:44 PM

Hey, great inventions are sewn by a hundred ideas...

Keep up the thought process!!!

I have a step-son who 16 years ago had an idea pop in to his head while using the restroom at his favorite watering hole...

Long story short, about 5 months later his idea came to fruition. But by someone else... Lesson he learned was don't bounce ideas around in a public place where ideas can be stolen... Someone's always listening...

He learned from this and moved on to bigger things. And he may just retire next year on his 40th birthday...

So having said that, I would love to help toss around great ideas for safe glider care. Here it's documented... You can't make a better world without asking questions. Keep up your ideas!!!
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL