GliderCENTRAL

A Wash Mit!!!! Love it!!!!

Posted By: Ladymagyver

A Wash Mit!!!! Love it!!!! - 11/17/18 12:35 PM

So, we are on the road, switched from working to visiting family...

It's cold out, as everyone I'm sure is experiencing...

And the fuzzbutz' cage was in need of a deep clean.... More so than I realized....

Being in an RV doesn't allow much room for tear down of a cage, but while I was at the Dollar tree, I spotted something I never thought of using before.

A microfiber car wash mitt!!! The one with all the knobby finger looking things on it. It works better than just a scrub brush!!!! This thing gets in between the bars, grabs all kinds of stuff... Rub in a circular motion, and the small fingers reach inside the bars and clean places like behind wheels that are mounted on the cage wall!!!

I was really impressed how much gunk it was able to get to.

I started with a bucket of HOT water, vinegar, and only a couple of drops of Dawn dish soap. I wiped the cage down twice, the second wipe got almost all the food particles off!

I was so amazed, I had to share! All for a dollar!!!!!

My only advise in doing this is rinse mitt often, and keep the mitt as hot as you can stand it.

I tossed the mitt in the washer, and then hung it up to dry. I don't think it would do well in the dryer. It's amazing!!!!

EDIT: I forgot to put in URL-

https://www.dollartree.com/bulk/Car-Wash-Mitt
Posted By: KarenE

Re: A Wash Mit!!!! Love it!!!! - 11/17/18 03:01 PM

Great find, Dawn, and how cool to find another tool that works for cage cleaning :thumb2:

And DOLLAR TREE to boot dance
Posted By: Paani

Re: A Wash Mit!!!! Love it!!!! - 11/17/18 04:39 PM

Great find / thought!
Posted By: Hutch

Re: A Wash Mit!!!! Love it!!!! - 11/19/18 04:28 AM

Never would of thought of but now WANT WANT WANT!!
Posted By: Ladymagyver

Re: A Wash Mit!!!! Love it!!!! - 11/19/18 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by Hutch
Never would of thought of but now WANT WANT WANT!!

:funny: jump

It works great for weekly wipe down too. I even used it while cleaning the drop pan in the shower. It's awesome!!!! It washes up great! Not sure how long it will last, but for a buck, what the heck!!!!!
© 2020 GliderCENTRAL