GliderCENTRAL

Nylon Climbing Rope

Posted By: foxmuldrake

Nylon Climbing Rope - 05/06/19 10:45 PM

I made a Nylon climbing rope for my sugar gliders. The ends of the rope are seared and have twine wrapped around the ends to keep it from unraveling. Is a Nylon rope for climbing with seared ends safe?
Posted By: Feather

Re: Nylon Climbing Rope - 05/07/19 12:05 AM

Ropes are not safe, gliders can catch their nail in it easier than a rope made out of braided fleece. Braided fleece is what most people use for rope.

If you know that 4 strand lanyard braid, you can do that and then put straws threw the braid making a reset toy.

Re: Nylon Climbing Rope - 05/07/19 12:09 AM

Its braided but braided nylon about 1/2 thick I think..wish I could show you a picture..I don't think they could get their tail hung but thought Nylon might be toxic to them or something.
Posted By: Feather

Re: Nylon Climbing Rope - 05/07/19 12:11 AM

They can get their toenails caught in nylon rope. Fleece is much safer.

Re: Nylon Climbing Rope - 05/07/19 12:13 AM

Ok..I see...well darn...
Posted By: KarenE

Re: Nylon Climbing Rope - 05/07/19 01:43 PM

You can also cut three pieces of fleece into long strips (as long as you want them and as wide as you want them). Tie them at the top or loop them through something that can be secured to the cage for hanging. Then braid them like you do hair.

When it is dirty, you can throw it in the washer. There will be some shrinkage so you will want to make it longer to accommodate for that.

Hope that made sense wink
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL