GliderCENTRAL

CAGE STINKS

Posted By: Mema

CAGE STINKS - 06/23/19 04:16 PM

So i have a DCN and recently my gliders stink bad. At first i thought maybe one of them had a UTI but i decided to clean my entire cage first. I took everything out and washed everything with a cleanser (baking soda and vinegar from Meyers)and a scrub brush. I then rinsed everything (inside and out). Then i sprayed a cleaning product from Critterlove and wiped everything down again and lastly i sprayed hydrogen peroxide on everything. BEFORE i put the gliders back in, i came back to my room and it still stunk! I don't know what i could be missing that i cant get the stink out. Any suggestions? I have even tried power washing the cage. I have cleaned around the cage (i.e. the floors, walls) but even without putting my nose directly on the bars all i have to do is go in or near my room and i can smell it. I have had the same cage for about 4 years. Thank you.
Posted By: Ladymagyver

Re: CAGE STINKS - 06/23/19 09:20 PM

I read recently about DCN cages. The square tubing is hollow and not sealed. You may try disassembling the cage and hosing down the inside of those tubes. Pee can get in the tightest of spots.

I hope this helps...
Posted By: Ladymagyver

Re: CAGE STINKS - 06/24/19 09:24 AM

Mema,

If you decide to take apart your cage to clean the inside of the tubes, please let us know how it went and while taking the cage apart, please let us know if you found an other nook or cranny that smell can be trapped.

I would only use dhot dishsoap, no vinegar.
Posted By: Mema

Re: CAGE STINKS - 06/24/19 02:04 PM

I wondered about that but the idea of taking the whole cage apart does not appeal to me but i may have too. If i do decide too I will let you know what I find. Thank you.
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL