GliderCENTRAL

Decided to get a BIGGER Cage!!!

Posted By: Ladymagyver

Decided to get a BIGGER Cage!!! - 10/23/19 09:42 PM

So, we are home, my grandkids are back at their home, we cut, split and stacked 3 rics of wood, and I pulled the trigger on a bigger cage today...

I ordered a Congo from Exotic Nutrition... 18 cu ft... Will be here in about 7 days...
:jump2:
Stewie needs the room... If I ever plan to get Dot back with Stewie and Fiona, they need more space...

Stewie is bored/ super hyper still... His favorite thing to do is run on the wheel, then jump to the treadmill and get it going, make 5 laps around the cage in about 2.5 seconds and then sit and watch the wheel and treadmill spin... Then he does it all over again... I want to add another wheel, but gotta get a bigger cage first...

I also want to add more interest with more toys, but I need more room first...

Our old cage is a Brisbane style called a "Sturdy cage" from Suncoast gliders. I'll post the dimensions of both later. But if I'm not mistaken, there is a 3 cu ft difference... I hope it helps... dunno. One of Dot's problems is Stewie mowing her over as he does his laps.

I plan on everyone going into the new cage all at once after intros. If they can't get along, no one gets to stay in the new cage... (This might be fun shakehead )

What do you guys think???
Posted By: Claralice

Re: Decided to get a BIGGER Cage!!! - 10/24/19 02:27 AM

Interesting! So there will be no territorial issues. I dont know enough to say whether this is a good idea but it sounds good to me. I will curiously await your results. I still have two cages and would def love to move down to one.
Posted By: KarenE

Re: Decided to get a BIGGER Cage!!! - 10/24/19 01:40 PM

Who wouldn't want a bigger house, especially if you aren't the one lifting a single finger to clean it :rofl2:
Sounds like a dream to me
agree
dance P A R T Y :jump2:
Posted By: Xeno

Re: Decided to get a BIGGER Cage!!! - 10/25/19 03:43 AM

I have two Congo’s. I like them. I have four pretty active gliders and they get along in one though I usually give them the run of the room when they are awake.

Re: Decided to get a BIGGER Cage!!! - 10/25/19 04:23 AM

Originally Posted by Xeno
I have two Congo’s. I like them. I have four pretty active gliders and they get along in one though I usually give them the run of the room when they are awake.

At this time I have to do free range play in shifts due to separations. But I don't give them free range every day. I need Stewie contained and happy. But when he and Dot are in the same cage, he just irritates her to no end. Even when they are loose together. shakehead. He's a handful...
Posted By: Feather

Re: Decided to get a BIGGER Cage!!! - 10/28/19 04:02 AM

Ooooooo! Stewie is getting a mansion! He is going to need more women to chase.
Posted By: Xeno

Re: Decided to get a BIGGER Cage!!! - 10/31/19 02:05 AM

Originally Posted by Ladymagyver

At this time I have to do free range play in shifts due to separations. But I don't give them free range every day. I need Stewie contained and happy. But when he and Dot are in the same cage, he just irritates her to no end. Even when they are loose together. shakehead. He's a handful...

He is young. I bet he will chill out a little as he gets a little older and Stewie will only be a minor nuisance to Dot and they will get along and Dot can rule the roost over Fiona and all will be well.
Posted By: Feather

Re: Decided to get a BIGGER Cage!!! - 11/01/19 09:49 PM

He is young. I bet he will chill out a little as he gets a little older and Stewie will only be a minor nuisance to Dot and they will get along and Dot can rule the roost over Fiona and all will be well.

You haven't met Stewie! He is a Tucker grandbaby and he knows it!

Re: Decided to get a BIGGER Cage!!! - 11/02/19 03:06 AM

I had thought the same. I thought he would calm down. He's almost 1 yr and 8 months old. He has yet to slow down. He minds and he's sweet, but he's just super hyper.

We finally put the new cage together. I've made several dust pan style open environment pouches (OE pouches). Nails need to be clipped, and the pouch swapping will begin again.

I still need to wipe down the new cage, and anchor the shelves. I tossed the ladders and perches. I've scrubbed all the toys and will begin decorating so it's ready to go.

Fingers crossed!
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL