GliderCENTRAL

GliderCENTRAL News- Photo of the Week

Posted By: gliderdad79

GliderCENTRAL News- Photo of the Week - 12/31/10 02:17 AM

We are doing a poll to see how the members of GliderCENTRAL prefer participating in entering the photo of the week contest.

The photo of the week contest(potw) entries have always been done on GliderCENTRAL's gallery. This required members to register at the gallery in order to enter the contest. Doing it this way also watermarked each photo as it was uploaded.

We started using a different method for entering the photo of the week contest when we had hard drive failures and needed to redo the server while I was working on the gallery. You can see the new way here

http://www.glidercentral.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/forums/181/1/Photo_of_the_week_entries

This method is the way I have wanted to switch to for a few years now, but haven't done so as I've been waiting for a few new features to be included such as watermarking. By going this route, members would not need to register at the gallery in order to enter the contest, but photos will not be watermarked.

After a winner has been decided by a poll here, I would move the winning photo over to the winners section of the gallery and will be watermarked at that time.

We figured since we have allowed this new way for the past few weeks we would give the members a chance to let us know which way the prefer at this time. Eventually we will move to this new way after the new features come, but we will listen and go with what the majority decides.
Posted By: Gizmogirl

Re: GliderCENTRAL News- Photo of the Week - 12/31/10 08:06 AM

Thank you for putting this poll up Eddie, I voted! clap
Posted By: Bozeman

Re: GliderCENTRAL News- Photo of the Week - 12/31/10 08:07 AM

Me too!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: GliderCENTRAL News- Photo of the Week - 12/31/10 09:28 PM

Voted. laugh
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: GliderCENTRAL News- Photo of the Week - 01/02/11 02:05 PM

Thanks! I voted <3