GliderCENTRAL

2011 Changes

Posted By: gliderdad79

2011 Changes - 02/02/11 02:33 AM

We have been talking about changes we would like to bring to GliderCENTRAL for 2011. We have been discussing these changes since before the new year but got busy with some other things.

We have decided to give a trial run and only allow news links to articles that pertain to gliders or can be medically pertaining to gliders. This way we can justify the link to a parent if need be.

We are also giving a trial run of allowing youtube links, if and only if they are related to gliders. We will not allow youtube links or embedded videos to/for PPP or ASGV videos. All videos must comply with rule 4. We will not be allowing links like this http://[non_supported_link]/watch?v=N0wtH1ZQ1C8, but we will allow embedding like this

This way we can see a preview so to speak. I will give an quick explanation on how to embed the videos, but it will be as easy as clicking the image button to add photos. When the box pops up you would enter the full url or just the part after watch?v= which in the case above would be N0wtH1ZQ1C8

I have been holding off opening the gallery to registrations and new galleries for a bit while I waited for some pictures to replace the ones we lost, but I have decided to open things up rather than wait any longer. You may now register at the gallery. If you have an existing gallery, please pm me after you register. Thank you for your patience.

We have now made a definition on the copy and paste rules. The explanation can be found here..
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: 2011 Changes - 02/02/11 02:36 AM

clap
Posted By: sunjana1

Re: 2011 Changes - 02/02/11 02:36 AM

Hey! My Babies! <3 wink

Re: 2011 Changes - 02/02/11 02:40 AM

Yes, I was just coming back to say video from sunjana1 to give you credit. I know the link was pulled the other day to it.
Posted By: sunjana1

Re: 2011 Changes - 02/02/11 02:43 AM

Haha! Thanks! It's certainly not by best film making...but I've never filmed gliders before. wink
Posted By: IslandGliders

Re: 2011 Changes - 02/02/11 03:07 AM

Yaaay! I'm excited to share my glider You Tube videos now! clap

Re: 2011 Changes - 02/02/11 03:35 AM

You will now notice a new image in the text editor next to the image button as shown below

(Click for larger image)

When you click that you will have a drop down where you can select Youtube

(Click for larger image)

After you select Youtube, a box will pop up where you enter either the full url or just the last part of it as seen below.

(Click for larger image)
Posted By: Gizmogirl

Re: 2011 Changes - 02/02/11 06:34 AM

clap Great changes, thank you Eddie.

See Jana, now the reward is so much bigger. smile
Posted By: DCMuffin

Re: 2011 Changes - 02/02/11 12:41 PM

Excellent!
Posted By: SariYappa

Re: 2011 Changes - 02/27/11 06:37 PM

clap I think this is a positive change, THANK YOU Eddie! clap
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: 2011 Changes - 02/27/11 08:49 PM

I'm glad that we're allowed to post videos, and I love the restriction on PPP and ASGV videos.
I think it'll help drive the point to the newbies. wink
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL