GliderCENTRAL

GliderCENTRAL News

Posted By: gliderdad79

GliderCENTRAL News - 02/02/10 10:56 PM

At some point this year we will be making a large upgrade to the forum software used for GliderCENTRAL. For those who have been around, this will be a bigger and much more than the major upgrade we did in 2006.

This upgrade will bring a lot of nice features to GliderCENTRAL and allow us to continue expanding as we move forward.In order to continue to deliver more sophisticated features and performance, members will need to use the latest improvements in web browser technology.

Because of this we will not be able to cater to older browsers such as Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 and other older browsers that are not supported by their own manufacturers. Now this does not mean if you have those older browsers you will not be able to view or use GliderCENTRAL. It just means that if you do have older browsers, you will not be able to view or use all of the new features, visual enhancements, and so forth like you would with a newer modern browser.

The modern browser will be Internet Explorer 7.0 and above, Safari 3.0 and above, and GliderCENTRAL browser of choice Firefox 3.0 and above.

As we get closer(which may not be a for a few months) users using these older browsers will see a message on their screen suggesting a browser upgrade.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: GliderCENTRAL News - 02/02/10 11:22 PM

Okay Eddie, you got me all geeked out O.o I'm excited!
Posted By: suggiemom1980

Re: GliderCENTRAL News - 02/02/10 11:27 PM

How exciting! I can hardly wait!
Posted By: StitchsMom

Re: GliderCENTRAL News - 02/03/10 12:10 AM

Very cool, Eddie. Very cool. wink
Posted By: josefine

Re: GliderCENTRAL News - 02/03/10 02:43 AM

will it make it better for me to use this forum? most everything gets pretty messed up,as everyone knows,whenever i am on here.i hope i won't have to learn all over again a new way to do things,as i am on the brink of Alzheimer's(i passed on the t.v.,Dr Oz's test for this!!!)
talk @ ya L8R
Posted By: KarenE

Re: GliderCENTRAL News - 02/03/10 04:52 AM

Well, Josefine, then you have nothing to worry about, because I did NOT pass that Dr. Oz test shakehead

Re: GliderCENTRAL News - 02/03/10 01:48 PM

Originally Posted By: josefine
will it make it better for me to use this forum? most everything gets pretty messed up,as everyone knows,whenever i am on here.i hope i won't have to learn all over again a new way to do things,as i am on the brink of Alzheimer's(i passed on the t.v.,Dr Oz's test for this!!!)
talk @ ya L8R

Thats cause you are using IE 8 and there are issues with that and this software that should get worked out down the road. I know chrome users have similar issues as well.

Re: GliderCENTRAL News - 02/03/10 10:23 PM

KarenE,i passed the test,meaning i have all the symptoms!!
i must have worded it wrong.so,we both have Alzheimer's then,huh!!!anymore i feel like such a fool so many times. no wonder as each generation gets older,we get dumber,there really aren't as many intelligent ppl out in the world today as there were 50 to 75 yrs ago. oh well,sometimes being in a mental'fog'does have its advantages.
talk @ ya L8R
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: GliderCENTRAL News - 02/04/10 01:05 AM

Great! I'm looking forward to it!
Posted By: Dancing

Re: GliderCENTRAL News - 02/06/10 02:40 AM

Hey Eddie....are you playing with the buttons again?

Now everything goes way beyond the edges of my screen (where I have to use the scroll bar at the bottom of the page) to read things.

Is it just me or is it from you playing with buttons?
Posted By: Dancing

Re: GliderCENTRAL News - 02/06/10 02:41 AM

I couldn't edit so wanted to add, it is doing it when I do "Active Search" "Active Topics".

This page is fine.

Re: GliderCENTRAL News - 02/06/10 02:58 AM

No, not messing with any buttons yet. The only things I did was make a new image for the er forum which stayed the same size, I added a small banner in the classifieds as well.

I just checked my laptop in 800 x 600 resolution on as I always do to make sure its good and no scrolling.

I also checked on the server in 800 x 600 resolution on a 15" monitor and had no scrolling either. I would say try clearing your cache and restarting your browser.

Re: GliderCENTRAL News - 02/06/10 03:08 AM

I also added a new button in the header for the glossary as well as the same banner in help im new as I did in the classifieds.
Posted By: LSardou

Re: GliderCENTRAL News - 02/06/10 04:52 AM

Originally Posted By: gliderdad79
I also added a new button in the header for the glossary as well as the same banner in help im new as I did in the classifieds.

It looks WONDERFUL Eddie! This will be a great help for members to have quick access to the Resources available!

Thank you! clap
Posted By: DirtyPaws

Re: GliderCENTRAL News - 02/06/10 06:06 AM

Don't laugh.

Can I run Firefox for GC only, but continue to use IE 8 for everything else until I decide to use just one or the other? I have no experience with Firefox. If I can use both, is there an easy way to view GC in Firefox (without alot of steps) once I've downloaded it?

English please, for the computer language impaired. tounge

Re: GliderCENTRAL News - 02/06/10 06:32 AM

Yes you can. After you download and install, after the install and firefox starts it will ask if you want to import your bookmarks and stuff from IE. You can have both firefox and ie running and open at the same time wink
Posted By: DirtyPaws

Re: GliderCENTRAL News - 02/06/10 07:36 AM

Oh goodie goodie! Thank you!

All hands on deck! Crystal's jacking with the computer again!

Can't wait for the big upgrade. Thanks for keeping us cool

Re: GliderCENTRAL News - 02/16/10 06:05 AM

this new stuff is great!!it's got me excited!!
josefine

Re: GliderCENTRAL News - 02/16/10 06:17 AM

ok, i just read thru the 'how not to handle a glider' & it is fantastic. you thought of all the correct things we all need to know,BUT,#21,on taking a scared new glider out of the cage should probably be up in the top ten grid,because new ones need to see this statement almost immediately,as most all of them are sure to do that.JMO
josefine

Re: GliderCENTRAL News - 02/16/10 06:35 AM

ok,read thru the lost glider segment(GREAT!!!)
they will hide in toilet rolls,kleenex boxes,& one time someone found their glider in a ring binder note book,this was a year ago,they even gave us a cute pic of it!!
could you be able to add a sound system w/this segment? i wish i could remember where i put the note i wrote on that someone here posted w/their glider barking(maybe 4 months ago?) i had the volume up, & when i played it,my girls stopped everything,came to the front of the cage,& hung on to listen,their ears like little radars,to find out where this glider was!!!!!!!!it was the most precious thing to see.
josefine

Re: GliderCENTRAL News - 02/16/10 06:49 AM

oh,i cried thru the taming/bonding paragraphs,i hope all newbies will cry,too. not to mean them ill feelings,but to help them realize just what they actually'have'!!
you did a first rate,bang up job!!!!
josefine
Posted By: Kara

Re: GliderCENTRAL News - 02/21/10 06:11 AM

Opera should be added to the browser list :] I love Opera, runs SUPER fast!!
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL