GliderCENTRAL

Not supposed to have a favorite...but

Posted By: Reefgal

Not supposed to have a favorite...but - 05/14/17 04:30 PM

I have three gliders, one male and two females. I know I'm not supposed to say I have a favorite but Miesha (white face blond) is mine! At five am when I open the cage she jumps to my shoulder. Bella and Jubilee have to be bribed with treats or simply picked up. After playtime is over, Miesha dives into my shirt where she will happily sleep all day. Bella and Jubi prefer to go back to their sleeping pouch in their cage. My little sweetie gets a little piece of fruit or cracker as amid-afternoon snack and when she grooms during the day, she grooms me too! I can feel her licking me.

Bella (leucistic) is my entertainment. Watching her fly around the playroom in the morning is a blast. She's just too curious to sleep in my shirt. She pops her head out with every move I make. I can carry her and Jubi in a zipped pouch but only if Bella is ready to sleep. Trying to keep her pouched against her will feels like trapping the Tasmanian Devil!

Jubi is my handsome boy (classic grey). Watching him recover from his previous condition, learn how to play and how to jump is very rewarding.

All three are dearly loved. Miesha and I are developing a special relationship, I think, and I feel privileged!
Posted By: Terry

Re: Not supposed to have a favorite...but - 05/14/17 06:07 PM

I get that, Miesha sounds extra bonded to you, so that strengthens your feelings towards her also.

But you gotta love each one for their uniqueness, and the individual things about them.

I have two girls and a boy also, all standard greys. The girls (Lulu & Skadoosh) were homed together already and were about a year old at the time (I believe they are about 2 months apart in age, from the same breeder, Lulu being the oldest of the two). Then I took in Ollie, he was a loner, neutered male who had lost his cage mate. He was approximately 4 when I homed him and that was just months short 2 years after I homed the girls.

Lulu was a terror at first, so I automatically liked Skadoosh better at first. After I learned more about what Lulu's issues were, my attitude towards her changed, and I came to love her too. My Ollie, well he's a trip! I love all three of them for their individuality, and I can honestly say each of them have been my favorite at one given time or another, lol, but I had to put in extra effort with my Lulu, and it's paid off pretty well.
Posted By: Reefgal

Re: Not supposed to have a favorite...but - 05/14/17 09:06 PM

I do love each one for its own personality. Miesha melts my heart every time I look down and see her sweet face. The fact she chooses to jump to me on her own and doesn't want to go into her cage in the evening enforces it.

I find the feeling of the soft fuzzy critter nestled next to me all day gives me a warm, content feeling and makes me smile. I know my husband and parents don't understand. (Maybe I don't either.) That's all that matters and it's much healthier than a glass of wine!

While I love my dog, my bearded dragons and my aquarium, the gliders are special. Maybe it's that they are wild animals that choose to include us as family members.
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL