GliderCENTRAL

Taking your glider to work

Posted By: Amanda159

Taking your glider to work - 10/17/17 10:08 PM

So once my new glider has all settled in and bonded with me I'm planning on taking it to work with me but my question is since I work during the day until the glider bonds with me should I leave it at home and just bond in the evening or would it be alright take him/her with me in the bonding pouch even before that happens? My work place is very quiet with very few people so there are no loud noises or anything
Posted By: Feather

Re: Taking your glider to work - 10/17/17 10:58 PM

Basically I would want to know that it is ok with my employer first.

Then once they have accepted sleeping in the bonding pouch the you could take them to work and let them sleep in that all day.

I would not expect them to be show gliders it can get too stressful for them and they do need their sleep.
Posted By: Amanda159

Re: Taking your glider to work - 10/17/17 11:07 PM

Originally Posted By: Feather
Basically I would want to know that it is ok with my employer first.

Then once they have accepted sleeping in the bonding pouch the you could take them to work and let them sleep in that all day.

I would not expect them to be show gliders it can get too stressful for them and they do need their sleep.

My employers are fine with me bringing my pets, I already bring my snakes lol

So I'm planning on having the bonding pouch on me for awhile before I get the glider so my scent is on it and then having that pouch be one of the ones in the cage when I first get my baby. I'll do the whole leave alone but be close and feed treats for a few days and then slowly work to picking him/her up and carrying them around my house in the pouch. Once I can see that he or she is comfy in the pouch it would be ok to take him/her out to work then?
Posted By: Ladymagyver

Re: Taking your glider to work - 10/18/17 08:53 AM

Just make sure she is getting her rest. Otherwise she could become cranky. Also be sure to take along apple slices for hydration / snack.
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL