GliderCENTRAL

New Leu's tomorrow!

Posted By: Claralice

New Leu's tomorrow! - 06/02/18 11:04 PM

The girls will be here tomorrow. The one is a baby oop about 9 weeks. The other is an older female that has been or is in process of bonding with the baby.
Would there be an issue having the cages in the same room? O know when we talked about it and the boys were newly neutered it would have been an issue. The boys (Caramels) are neutered now so that is not an issue.
Thoughts as I eventually might want all four in the same cage unless I get a partner for the leu although that would be a long way out?
Posted By: Terry

Re: New Leu's tomorrow! - 06/03/18 02:29 AM

That's so exciting!!! I'm so happy for you!

I'm not sure really, whether it's best to acclimate them first to their new home first, prior to physically seeing the boys; or best to just let them acclimate in the presence of the boys. I wish I could be more help on this, and am anxious for other's thoughts (those with more experience).

When I had my girls, then homed my (then) lone boy, they were in separate rooms. They could hear each other, I'm sure, having their enclosures on shared wall (back to back, more or less). But, they were in separate rooms. I do not know for sure how I would have done it if my options were different in placement of enclosures. At the time, my house was small and I could only fit one enclosure in a room at a time. Now, my living space is even tighter, what I wouldn't give to have that tiny house back again, lol.

Good luck though! Please keep us posted.
Posted By: Claralice

Re: New Leu's tomorrow! - 06/04/18 01:38 AM

The girls are home. Baby crabbed some but I was able to rub each of them. They are very used to being handled and are super sweet and gorgeous!
I am so glad they are home!
Posted By: Feather

Re: New Leu's tomorrow! - 06/04/18 02:30 AM

Congratulations!
Posted By: Ladymagyver

Re: New Leu's tomorrow! - 06/04/18 12:57 PM

Congrats! I'm so glad they are so sweet! Hopefully intros will go well. smile
Posted By: KarenE

Re: New Leu's tomorrow! - 06/04/18 02:25 PM

Congratulations clap
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL