GliderCENTRAL

The Girls Vs The Boys

Posted By: Claralice

The Girls Vs The Boys - 07/17/18 03:26 AM

I tried all four in the tent for the first time yesterday. This is after weeks of swapping nesting pouches.
It was going okay but then Snow White jumped on Freddie and they started fighting! I easily stopped Freddie and picked him up then got Barney and both went back to their home/cage.

Marshmallow came right to me and she went into her cage easily enough. I next tried to pick up Snow White (the instigator in the fight-at least it looked that way to me) but she appeared freaked and leaped through the opening then took off. She was a mess catching but finally caught her when she ran in a bathroom and I was able to shut the door.
The scary part was my husband had our Malamute puppy (9 months old) and our Border Collie cross down stairs. Also had the Maltese and Maltipoo running around with me in the loft but the gliders are accustomed to them as they frequently are with me when I handle the gliders.

So, long story, long. What could I have done differently?
Posted By: Ladymagyver

Re: The Girls Vs The Boys - 07/17/18 03:58 AM

You can try intros one on one. Best time in the morning. Start with the least agressive glider.

As they get along and go into the sleeping pouch, try another glider after a few days.

If one glider doesn't work out, move him to the back of the line and try another glider. Snow White may need some time alone to think about getting along.

Re: The Girls Vs The Boys - 07/17/18 04:54 AM

I agree sweet little Snow White turned into a fighter. I think I could have had the other three together if it wasn't for her! She really worked him over in less than a minute! I will follow your suggestion Dawn and try next weekend!

Re: The Girls Vs The Boys - 07/17/18 12:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Claralice
I agree sweet little Snow White turned into a fighter. I think I could have had the other three together if it wasn't for her! She really worked him over in less than a minute! I will follow your suggestion Dawn and try next weekend!

Yeah we are diving in to the tent this morning for intros with Stewie this morning...

Prayers please!!! I want this to go well! I'll post soon on what happens...

Re: The Girls Vs The Boys - 07/17/18 11:12 PM

How did it go Dawn?

Re: The Girls Vs The Boys - 07/18/18 02:24 AM

It went great, but Stewie refused to go in the pouch with the girls. So he slept solo today. Getting ready to try again tonight once every one has had some dinner.

Here's a pic of Stewie with Dot.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/UfDx2P6TJt7yHgeu5
Posted By: Hutch

Re: The Girls Vs The Boys - 07/18/18 03:49 AM

Stewie: "Why is your butt gray? You lose a fight with a dust bunny?"
Dot: *glare* "There goes your chance to sleep with me, mister!"

Re: The Girls Vs The Boys - 07/18/18 04:38 AM

Haha! Hutch! And at least they didn't ball up in a fight like my two! And Hutch is too funny!

Re: The Girls Vs The Boys - 07/18/18 11:00 AM

Originally Posted By: Hutch
Stewie: "Why is your butt gray? You lose a fight with a dust bunny?"
Dot: *glare* "There goes your chance to sleep with me, mister!"

:funny:

Well we didn't make it to the tent last night till Fiona jumped out of her pouch and in to Stewie's cage with him... Like the typical girl, she wanted to check out his pad (digs, ok cage). Dot not interested.

I don't have pics, but basically that went really well. Fiona interested in things that have been in her cage, like a tunnel, and "hum, this is my hammock, so I'm gonna mark it". "What did mom feed you?" "My tunnel, my pouch smells like me and Dot. This looks like my old cage... Yep marking it. Here is MY wheel!!!!! I'm gonna mark it too!!!!"
All the while Stewie didn't care... He hugged and lived on her...

So we get all 3 in the tent. Nobody is interested... Dot hovering by the door waiting to escape. So I was tired, and we put them all back in their respective cages.

Stewie spent all night following Fiona's tracks she left inside his cage... Poor little boy! frown

I think we will let him sleep with the girls today...
Posted By: KarenE

Re: The Girls Vs The Boys - 07/18/18 03:31 PM

Appears Stewie will have his little female suggie harem cloud9

Re: The Girls Vs The Boys - 07/18/18 10:07 PM

Very cool Dawn! I will keep working with the feisty Snow White!
Posted By: Feather

Re: The Girls Vs The Boys - 07/18/18 11:10 PM

He is taking after great grampa Tucker, lover not a fighter!
Posted By: Hutch

Re: The Girls Vs The Boys - 07/19/18 01:53 AM

Chasing after girls; must be reaching his teenage years.

Re: The Girls Vs The Boys - 07/27/18 04:11 AM

SNOW WHITE IS GETTING A NAME CHANGE!
Not sure if I am doing something wrong but she is just awful to the boys. She hugs Marshmallow and wont let her out of the pouch if she hears the boys. She tried to fight both the boys.

I am renaming this girl!
I am thinking Snowball because she puts the boys in a ball!
smdh
Thoughts on the behaviors?

Re: The Girls Vs The Boys - 07/27/18 09:11 AM

Originally Posted By: Claralice
SNOW WHITE IS GETTING A NAME CHANGE!
Not sure if I am doing something wrong but she is just awful to the boys. She hugs Marshmallow and wont let her out of the pouch if she hears the boys. She tried to fight both the boys.

I am renaming this girl!
I am thinking Snowball because she puts the boys in a ball!
smdh
Thoughts on the behaviors?

Snowball(aka Snow White) needs a timeout...

Basically she needs time by herself. How long is up to her. Dot only needed a half of a day. Some gliders need a week. Others may never get along.

If Marshmallow gets along with the boys, let her stay with them.

Intros are best done in the morning when they're sleepy.

Remember to clean cage of all scents when putting gliders in together. They will spend that night marking, but it gives them something to do.

Dot doesn't hold Fiona in the pouch so much anymore. She's more concerned about watching Stewie and her dish.
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL