GliderCENTRAL

Looking at a new addition

Posted By: Hydrus

Looking at a new addition - 09/05/18 06:56 PM

Hello everyone,

Its been a while since I've been on here, life has been a struggle these past few months but its starting to look up smile

So my two gliders are still not bonded with me. I do tent time with them, bribe with a lot of treats, and talk to them all the time. When I do take them out of the cage and put them in a pouch to carry around with me I have to basically move them from one pouch to the other by putting the two openings together and slowly scoot them from one side to the other. They won't let me hold them at all, I can't even stick my finger in the pouch or they will bite. I can say I do give them their yogurt drops by hand and if they see one, they don't bite me, they just grab the drop and run. I'm hoping they will still come around, but its been months (I got them in March).

I do understand they may never come around though frown

My primary question (but please feel free to comment on the above as well) is does anyone have experience with bringing in a new glider that is a lover/cuddler and adding them to their existing gliders? There is a beautiful Creamino that I have my eye on and appears to be a total doll. I'm kind of wonder if maybe they see him with me and would follow along? Like the monkey see monkey do mentality? Or would it most likely go the other way and he start acting like they do? I'm guessing you'll say that it totally depends on the gliders and each one will act differently depending on their personality lol smile I know that's what I'd probably say.
Posted By: Feather

Re: Looking at a new addition - 09/05/18 10:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Hydrus
Hello everyone,

Its been a while since I've been on here, life has been a struggle these past few months but its starting to look up smile

So my two gliders are still not bonded with me. I do tent time with them, bribe with a lot of treats, and talk to them all the time. When I do take them out of the cage and put them in a pouch to carry around with me I have to basically move them from one pouch to the other by putting the two openings together and slowly scoot them from one side to the other. They won't let me hold them at all, I can't even stick my finger in the pouch or they will bite. I can say I do give them their yogurt drops by hand and if they see one, they don't bite me, they just grab the drop and run. I'm hoping they will still come around, but its been months (I got them in March).

Have you read this article on bonding: Building a relationship with your glider, It may help you.

I do understand they may never come around though frown

My primary question (but please feel free to comment on the above as well) is does anyone have experience with bringing in a new glider that is a lover/cuddler and adding them to their existing gliders? There is a beautiful Creamino that I have my eye on and appears to be a total doll. I'm kind of wonder if maybe they see him with me and would follow along? Like the monkey see monkey do mentality? Or would it most likely go the other way and he start acting like they do? I'm guessing you'll say that it totally depends on the gliders and each one will act differently depending on their personality lol smile I know that's what I'd probably say.

They may learn from the new glider. I wouldn't put him with them right away, but handle him where they can see him or her. Take your time,specially if he is smaller than them.
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL