GliderCENTRAL

Some questions about bonding.

Posted By: Littlecityfish

Some questions about bonding. - 10/17/18 01:19 AM

I already have a big long thread about diet, and it was recommended to make a couple more threads about all the other things to get the most responses possible. This one I'm making about bonding. My first question is, is it better to get a joey or does it not matter? Will an older glider bond to me just as well as a joey? Second question is, what are the basic things I need to bond? I know about bonding pouches, putting an article of clothing in their sleeping pouch(es), using treats (mealworms, crickets, and yogurt drops), and just letting them do what they want in their comfort zones. Those are the only questions I can think of for the time being, but if anyone from my other thread sees this, can you remind me of any other questions I added in there?
Posted By: Hutch

Re: Some questions about bonding. - 10/17/18 01:30 AM

The only things you NEED to bond is time & patience.

Small treats, a small room or tent in a dark place, red lights (for you to see by), small interactive toys (like feathers, 550 cord, a monkey from barrels-o'-monkies), objects they can play on (lego castle, fisher-price garage) are all options that make the experience more fun for everyone.
Posted By: Claralice

Re: Some questions about bonding. - 10/17/18 03:47 AM

Hi, I love that I can add information to this thread! smile
I purchased two new Leucistic females last spring. The one was a twoish year old and the other was about 12 weeks out of pouch (oop).
The older one, Marshmallow was calm but nipped a little. I could handle her right away and she is a joy! Baby, Snowball is a spitfire. She has attacked my neutered caramel males and but mostly allowed me to mess with her.
I bought a fully enclosed tent - about 29.00 on Amazon. Make sure there is no hole at the top. I can comfortably get in and I do!
All four gliders are great. I bought the Caramels about 12 weeks oop and am so glad I did!

I guess my point is, personality matters!
Good luck!
Posted By: KarenE

Re: Some questions about bonding. - 10/17/18 03:28 PM

You have gotten some very good responses.

There are two stickies at the top of this forum that will be very helpful to you.

At the top of each Forum you will find stickies of important information pertinent to each subject.

Building A Relationship With Your Glider

Into The Bonding Pit
Posted By: Littlecityfish

Re: Some questions about bonding. - 10/18/18 12:03 AM

Thank you all for your replies! I read those 2 articles and I think I understand better now. You must let the glider move at its own pace, not yours. And with the article of cloth that smells like you that you put into the sleeping pouch do you wear that all day, or just get your oils and scent on it right before putting it in the pouch?
Posted By: Feather

Re: Some questions about bonding. - 10/18/18 10:38 PM

You can wear it all day or all night, pin it to your pajamas or wear it in your clothes. Some ladies just tuck it in their bra.
Posted By: Ladymagyver

Re: Some questions about bonding. - 10/19/18 12:20 AM

You can also tuck in your pillowcase and sleep on it.

Some people do up many blankies at once and place in a ziplock bag so they have it to change out later.

Re: Some questions about bonding. - 10/19/18 01:16 AM

I just rub one all over me after doing chores, yard work, or a workout.
Posted By: KarenE

Re: Some questions about bonding. - 10/19/18 02:45 PM

Originally Posted By: Hutch
I just rub one all over me after doing chores, yard work, or a workout.

And there you have it, folks .... SNL :rofl2:

Re: Some questions about bonding. - 10/20/18 01:54 AM

Saturday Night Live?

The only comedy I represent is Dante's first book >.<
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL