GliderCENTRAL

The Opium Report

Posted By: TwoDog

The Opium Report - 11/22/17 06:55 AM

I don't know what they hell these dweebs in Washington are thinking when they tell us there is an opium crisis in America. Because I can't get in on it for love or money.

Before leaving the Pacific NW for the deserts of AZ, I stopped in at the dentist. I knew these two teeth (really five teeth) needed to be pulled, but wanted to limp along hoping I could put it off.

Now they are infected and blowing my head off. Went to the ER hoping to get a reference for emergency dental, but turns out there's no such program in AZ. (This is contradictory to the instructions given to me by the health insurance rep in WA.) Might be going across to Mexico to have them pulled.

I wanna say through all this that I would not be getting through it *at all*, if it wasn't for the lovely Stef.
It's so...alien to be with someone who actually takes the time to know me...and has my back. I fear I am not handling it gracefully. :-)
A shout out to my lovely Stef. (Asleep in the RV next door) Thank you, honey. bday (what no heart icons?) I don't know what I would do without you.

Anyway. They gave me the same pain prescription as my 50 lb border collie.

"Lady...look at me. Do I look like a 12 year old girl? Imagine you are medicating a gorilla....or a horse. Now let's think about this prescription again..."

Opioid crisis my [censored]. The crisis is I don't have any!

Rant rant rant....sorry

But....the other message of the story--if your suggies seem to be bringing you closer to someone--go with it.

Suggies know things about love. :-)

Happy glider-ing all!
Posted By: Hutch

Re: The Opium Report - 11/22/17 07:15 AM

Originally Posted By: TwoDog
Suggies know things about love. :-)
agree :thumb2:
Posted By: Stef333

Re: The Opium Report - 11/22/17 02:07 PM

Ah, Honey... you're making me all misty! heart (Did the heart icon work?)

He may be delirious with pain, but he's still the sweetest guy I know. smile
Posted By: mechnut450

Re: The Opium Report - 11/22/17 02:30 PM

know your discomfort on needing dental care. I had 3 teeth crumble due to drinking so much cola as a kid and not enough milk, that in a 2 month period my wisdom teeth started to break off until I had exposed nerves. It took the nerve about a month to dye after it exposed. It was a nightmare drinking anything cold ( I think that why I prefer room temp drinks now) I still need 3 teeth cut out cause there not enough to pull/ break off.)
Posted By: Hutch

Re: The Opium Report - 11/22/17 03:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Stef333
Ah, Honey... you're making me all misty! <3 (Did the heart icon work?)

He may be delirious with pain, but he's still the sweetest guy I know. smile

I agree that he is delirious, but based on his postings, I think it's from the high of just being around you.

Are these the icons y'all mean?
heart mlove :lshower:
Posted By: Feather

Re: The Opium Report - 11/22/17 10:41 PM

IMPO there wasn't as many people overdosing back when they prescribed pain meds.

Now that they are afraid to prescribe pain meds and took Darvocet off the market, people aren't getting relief from the pain.
Posted By: KarenE

Re: The Opium Report - 11/23/17 02:59 PM

Fixed your heart icon, Steff.

IMO, most dental insurance is a joke. We have it, but it doesn't even pay for all dental cleanings in a calendar year not to mention if you need any actual work done shakehead

Kim, you are so right about the pain meds. Doctors (legitimate ones anyway) just won't prescribe them unless you have been in the hospital for a surgical procedure. Even then, you will probably get a ten day supply. A refill shock That probably means a detailed background check first. You could probably get better results on the corner downtown IF you knew which corner which gladly most of us don't.

I am so sorry you are going through this, TwoDog. I have been where you are, and there isn't a much worse pain, IMO. I hope you get some relief soon.
Posted By: Terry

Re: The Opium Report - 11/24/17 09:00 PM

The last time I can remember prescription pain meds was after my appendectomy, that was back in 2010 or 11, I'm thinking 10 though. Pain ain't fun, sure hope you find some way of getting relief.
Posted By: Ladymagyver

Re: The Opium Report - 11/27/17 11:13 AM

I was given all kinds of stuff 2 years ago prior and post surgery. With refills. I took what I needed, and the rest I disposed of. I hate the weird feeling. I'd rather feel the pain.

It has been all over the news, and so they are probably cracking down. I hope by now you are feeling some relief. smile

Re: The Opium Report - 12/05/17 04:16 PM

Originally Posted By: Feather

Now that they are afraid to prescribe pain meds and took Darvocet off the market, people aren't getting relief from the pain.

Darvocet was taken off cause it caused an irregular heart rhythm. I know cause I was taking it for a while and it I had one developed but once off It went back to normal. I know a few people it became permit.

I know how hard it is to get pain meds when needed. ( due to my cerebral palsy I always ache (mainly cause i do the things they tell me not too lol. but hey I got to work to pay bills since getting married made the me no longer disable apparently.

Re: The Opium Report - 12/05/17 10:08 PM

Originally Posted By: mechnut450
Originally Posted By: Feather

Darvocet was taken off cause it caused an irregular heart rhythm. I know cause I was taking it for a while and it I had one developed but once off It went back to normal. I know a few people it became permit.

I know how hard it is to get pain meds when needed. ( due to my cerebral palsy I always ache (mainly cause i do the things they tell me not too lol. but hey I got to work to pay bills since getting married made the me no longer disable apparently.

I never had any problems with Darvocet, you would think they just wouldn't prescribe it to people that have problems with it.

I see more problems with Hydrocodone and oxy.

Re: The Opium Report - 12/06/17 02:59 AM

both i have taken, it about the only thing that helps my back most time. I am lucky I dont have a personally that gets addicted, if i was given 5mg one and I only break in half then only take it if i knew i was going to be moving a lot of stuff around, cause otc type dont work at all for me. and it sucks when you cant get pain meds and you need them. I made a 30 day supply last almost 3 years, and I rather sit home and suffer than take them but since i must work I need something to keep pushing.

Re: The Opium Report - 12/06/17 04:18 AM

As much has I hate both of them, I would love to have some on hand so I could clean.

They only work about 50% of the time, they do a good job of keeping me up if I take them too late in the day.
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL