GliderCENTRAL

Two Bottom Teeth Separated/Balding

Posted By: Amy_S

Two Bottom Teeth Separated/Balding - 02/14/17 03:14 PM

I noticed that my mama glider had a little lump under her chin area that was kind of hard. I began looking all over her head and in side of her mouth. I noticed that her bottom two front teeth were completely separated, which they were never like that before, with her top teeth in between. Should I be concerned about this? Does anybody know why this may be happening?
She has also been balding off an on most of the time I have had her. At first it started when she was having babies, so at that point I thought it was stress related but then it all grew back. Then when I had to separated the males and females, she began balding again which I thought was due to stress as well but then it eventually grew back. She began balding again, so I tired to keep her comfortable and happy to see if that would help but it seems to just be getting worse. Now I am concerned that she is going bald due to an illness. My poor babies!:(
Posted By: KarenE

Re: Two Bottom Teeth Separated - 02/14/17 04:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Amy_S
I noticed that my mama glider had a little lump under her chin area that was kind of hard. I began looking all over her head and in side of her mouth. I noticed that her bottom two front teeth were completely separated, which they were never like that before, with her top teeth in between. Should I be concerned about this? Does anybody know why this may be happening?

She needs to be seen by a vet. She may loose those two teeth but that lump needs attention.
Posted By: Amy_S

Re: Two Bottom Teeth Separated - 02/14/17 04:11 PM

I am taking her to the vet on Thursday, I just wanted some advice or experiences on this matter in the meantime.
Posted By: Feather

Re: Two Bottom Teeth Separated - 02/14/17 09:13 PM

Teeth separation like that is caused by an infection.

Your glider may need to have her bottom two teeth pulled and she most definitely needs antibiotics.
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL