GliderCENTRAL

Ate a Crayon

Posted By: PipersGlider

Ate a Crayon - 06/26/17 07:26 PM

Are crayons toxic ?

I saw my sugar glider holding and eating a crayon, I didn't know my grand baby threw 1/2 a crayon in the cage. The top of the crayon has some nibble marks on it and some small pieces missing.

I couldn't find. Vet to get her in today. Should I take her to a emergeny Hosp ?
She is acting normal. Should I give her apple juice or something to help the crayon pass through her system ?
Posted By: Ladymagyver

Re: Ate a Crayon - 06/26/17 08:06 PM

Crayons aren't toxic, but can be an issue. Cooked unseasoned pumpkin is the best to help soften the stool.

It's likely she just tasted it. But a visit to the vet is a good idea, just in case.

Click on the word vet, and it will take you to a database where you may find one near you. If nothing else, see if you can talk to the vet.

Please keep us posted.
Posted By: PipersGlider

Re: Ate a Crayon - 06/26/17 08:12 PM

Thank you I will do that and thank you for the link. I am going to give her some and thank you very very much.
Posted By: Feather

Re: Ate a Crayon - 06/26/17 11:47 PM

I am going to move this to Health & Hygiene now. Please keep us posted on your little ones condition.
Posted By: KarenE

Re: Ate a Crayon - 06/27/17 03:48 PM

OMGoodness, I suppose some gliders are just like very small children. Whatever they see goes in their mouth shakehead
Posted By: Feather

Re: Ate a Crayon - 06/27/17 11:18 PM

I think most gliders will taste something new.
Posted By: Hutch

Re: Ate a Crayon - 06/28/17 07:45 PM

Originally Posted By: KarenE
OMGoodness, I suppose some gliders are just like very small children. Whatever they see goes in their mouth shakehead
Mine are certainly like that >.<
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL