GliderCENTRAL

over grooming...is this an emergency??

Posted By: Glamper

over grooming...is this an emergency?? - 07/21/17 02:35 AM

my glider injured his tail about a week ago. i took him to the vet, and they did an x-ray. not broken, thankfully! but he must be a bit sore, and has been over grooming because i noticed tonight that he has barely any fur left on that spot of his tail. he's acting totally normally (has been acting normal all week). eating fine, sleeping, drinking, and playing. even still carrying sticks with his tail. it's just the fur is gone.

is this an emerg trip to the overnight vet, or can it wait until morning when i can take him to the same guy who did the xrays?

thanks!
Posted By: Ladymagyver

Re: over grooming...is this an emergency?? - 07/21/17 02:41 AM

Is there any broken skin? Can you keep him occupied till morning with new toys?

If he had an ecollar, would he still be able to reach that part of his tail till morning?

Re: over grooming...is this an emergency?? - 07/21/17 02:45 AM

no broken skin. just a little red. it's near the tip of his tail, so he might still be able to reach it with a collar. is there such a thing as a "home made" collar i could try to put on him??

thanks Dawn for being here. i'm a worried mommy right now!! <3

Re: over grooming...is this an emergency?? - 07/21/17 03:06 AM

was trying to get a photo, but not sure how to post it here. any tips? i think i could fashion a home made collar out of a tissue box. is this a good or bad idea?

Re: over grooming...is this an emergency?? - 07/21/17 04:05 AM

Sorry, I will be right back.

Re: over grooming...is this an emergency?? - 07/21/17 04:07 AM

Here is a link on how to make e collars.

http://www.glidercentral.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=e_collar

But if it is at the end of his tail, he can reach it if he tries hard enough.

Re: over grooming...is this an emergency?? - 07/21/17 04:12 AM

Here is the link to photo bucket, however,there seems to be an issue with it. It isn't free anymore.

http://www.glidercentral.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/ubb/bhfaq#addphoto

Do you have a website you save pics to? You can copy the link of your pic and then it can be opened to who ever wants to see pic.

I use drop box myself.

Posted By: KarenE

Re: over grooming...is this an emergency?? - 07/22/17 03:08 PM

It seems the issue with photobucket is only effecting those who were using their free service. At least at this time that seems to be the case.

According to Google, here is a list of some free hosting sites , however, I do notice photobucket is on the list.

GliderCENTRAL has no objection to using a site other that photobucket, that was simply the most popular and easiest to use when the FAQ was written as well as the instructions in the Board Help post.

I am now going to move this post to our Health & Hygiene Forum.
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL